3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ESOS show canceled  (Read 1265 times)

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ESOS show canceled
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Seems to me that there are some people in that'food fight' we call our government that will think this a big win for them.  Jezz I just don't know.
Joe
PS 7 months,  1 week and a wake-up call
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Win in PA!!!

Real loss for the area though - support the vendors who stood strong by taking the day you were going to the show and visit their shop!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline GWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Great to see the outdoor community sticking together.  We need to fight for others rights or there won't be anyone left to fight for ours.

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm a little confused.... Did gun owners just get a gun show shut down??? And we think this sends a message to the anti gunners?   :confused:

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
I don't know guys. I've really got mixed feelings about this.  

I definitely don't support Reed Exhibitions' decision to ban certain types of firearms just to be politically correct.  But by boycotting the show, did we cut off our nose to spite our face?  There's going to be a lot of lost revenue for vendors, outfitters, and the local economy.  Also, think about the number of new memberships the NRA gain at their booth that they will now miss out on and the number of non-hunters/non-gun owners who go to the show for other purposes that might have been inspired to take up the shooting sports.  This boycot does send a message that we will stand up for our Constitutional rights, but I'm afraid the people who really won in this battle were the anti-gun and anti-hunting loby.  One of the largest sportsmans shows in the country was shut down and they didn't have to lift a finger.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
I was thinking the same thing  as jsweka who really lost out in all this?

Offline rascal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 02:23:00 AM »
Did we cut off our nose to spite our face?

I dont thinks so...I for one am tired of the talk. Its one thing to puff up and beat our chests in defiance of injustice...its quite another to put our business and reputation on the line to stand up for our principles. Talk of freedom is fine but talk without action is just noise.

No matter how the anti's spin this you can bet the farm they are all taking a step back and contemplating just what this means for them.  Politicians notice when the public does something like this and it will put many of them on notice that to stand against the 2nd Amendment is political suicide. Lets all go to the polls in 2014 and prove them right.
Hunt fair, hunt hard, no regrets.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 03:25:00 AM »
its awesome, glad to see all those people take a stand.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »
:clapper:
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
I understand where John is coming from.  I know how much this show contributes (and has been contributing) to the local economy...going back as  far as I can remember.

BUT - I am happy that everyone has taken a stand.....and for once, it had the intended effect!!!

I have fond memories of this show, long before it was called ESOS and run by this Reed Exhibitions.  I recall it just being the Sportsmans Show.

I grew up about an hour south of Harrisburg.  Back around 1968, my father took me to this show to see Fred Bear.  I got to spend about 20-25 uninterrupted minutes with the man who was one of the heros of my youth.  My Dad smiled the entire time!  My Dad spoke fondly of that encounter until the day he died.

Too bad the current promoters of this event choose to attempt to make a political statement, which I'm sure they thought would end up making them look great in the eyes of the public.

I'd say that backfired on them!!!!

Thanks to the Wensels and all the other vendors who stood up for the right reason.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
John & Tim,

Remember the order of occurrence: Vendors boycotted in support of a wrongful act of discrimination against lawful enterprise.  

Many of us wrote to the Promoters and let them know our feelings directly.

THEN...and only then with hundreds of vendors pulling out and scores of gate money vowing to not attend, did they choose to cancel the show, as it would have been a black eye and losing proposition!

I'd say in terms of cause and affect, ESOS promoters were the reaction and gun owners were the impetus!

Regardless, Freedom is NOT FREE and we're in some of this mess out of fear of economic  repercussions!  There will always be a cost for freedom--- and to maintain it!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Running Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
If you follow the demise of this show, you will find it was just another foreign company(UK) trying to manipulate the american public. Reed Expo lost more then the proceeds from this show. They have lost the trust of a whole lot of sportsmen and the companies they support. The american people will forgive but not forget.

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by Running Buck:
The american people will forgive but not forget.
Unfortunately,I have to disagree.Far too many people in this country tend to forget.   "[dntthnk]"

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:00 AM »
The more I read about this the more I become convinced that Reed must have violated the contract it established to promote this trade show.   The fact that the show imploded is theirs and theirs alone.  I hope that the Harrisburg community, government and businesses as well as the vendors and consumers who lost money in this deal are able to collect damages from this marketing and promotional company.   When you are hired to market and promote that is what you do.  They failed .  In the common vernacular of my kids, it was an "epic fail."
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline rlc1959

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
I too made a few calls and sent some emails to support the Boycott. UNITED WE STAND. Keep up the good work in standing up for our rights.   :clapper:      :clapper:      :clapper:  

Randy Chamberlin

PS : I also would like to thank Terry for allowing this Post.
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Offline BuckeyeGuy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »
Time spent alone in the woods puts you closer to God.

"Can't" never accomplished anything.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by rascal:
Did we cut off our nose to spite our face?

I dont thinks so...I for one am tired of the talk. Its one thing to puff up and beat our chests in defiance of injustice...its quite another to put our business and reputation on the line to stand up for our principles. Talk of freedom is fine but talk without action is just noise.

No matter how the anti's spin this you can bet the farm they are all taking a step back and contemplating just what this means for them.  Politicians notice when the public does something like this and it will put many of them on notice that to stand against the 2nd Amendment is political suicide. Lets all go to the polls in 2014 and prove them right.
Could not have said it better, especially the part about the politicians paying attention to this.

Offline Bill Kissner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
This definitely sent a message. I'll bet the next promoter doesn't try to appease the libs with such restrictions on exhibitors.

Offline FAV 52

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Duty ; Honor ; Country   A big heart felt thank you to the administrators of this web sight and to the vendors that put personal values before personal gain. There is NO dollar amount that can be put on FREEDOM or the sacrifice of free people to keep that FREEDOM . Duty; Honor; Country : Yours is the profession of arms; the will to win; the sure knowledge that in war there is no substitute for victory; that if you lose; the Nation will be destroyed; that the very obsession of your public service must be : Duty; Honor; Country . {General Douglas Mac Arthur} I am honored to be in the presence of so many brave patriots; thank you Trad Gang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©