3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Grip similar to Silvertip?  (Read 424 times)

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Grip similar to Silvertip?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 06:04:00 AM »
Bigfoot Bows: Kirk can made any grip you want.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
My Tall Tines has a customized grip done by Brian and it is alot like a Schafer grip in feel,contour/shape and size.Its also checkered.
I love the Schafer grip.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Nice bow there Brandon!
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Stinger, never trade a bow with the perfect grip!  I think they are all custom so they will very some, but I bet that bow had a non-standard grip that was adjusted for the original owner.  That would explain why other tips didn't feel the same.  Maybe contact the bowyer and see if he has records of the bow.  Some keep a lot of detail and can tell you what they may have done.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
You do know that unless they are cnc produced every grip will be slightly different , this is true no matter how many bows a builder builds , However not all bowyers are created same when it comes to wood work and the craft of shaping. some will get it more consistantly close than others. However they may feel slightly different;
I just delivered two Eaglewing reverse mounted bows to a customer that were to have identical grips. I did the best I could and he says he is more than happy with both but likes one better than the other. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

God bless you all, Steve

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 01:49:00 PM »
Kirk Lavender @ Big Foot Bows.....I've shot quite a few different models of Kirk's bows and each model had a different grip.....none of which really suited me. Kirk and I talked a lot about grip shapes and sizes. I explained what I liked and didn't like, gave him a hand tracing and he dead nuts nailed it.
The grip is the single most important aspect on any bow to me, regardless of how well it shoots.
If you have a bow with a grip the you like....like the Schafer, I'm sure any competent bowyer can very closely duplicate that particular grip.

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
Todd the grip on the Tip that was traded was a standard short riser, not custom and it did not differ from any of the other 5 short riser tips that I have owned in the past decade. tom
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline tukudu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Double Post
"Brothers of the flaming arrow"

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »
I corresponded back and forth with Beth at Schafer a bunch today.  They will make a custom grip to your specifications if you so desire.  I explained what my dilemma was and we determined that the previous Tip that I owned was an older one that had a 19" riser.  We think a 17" riser that is slimmed down some in the palm with their longest limbs would give me the 62" bow with the grip on the riser that I am looking for without the mass weight of the 19" riser.  They said they can get the 17" riser down to feel just like the 15" that was on the bow that I just traded back to Tom  (he was the original owner). ....so, all I need now is some money and patience.

This discussion of alternatives however has got me to thinking.  I wish I could have made it to Kalamazoo to try out a bunch of them, but who wants to travel to the frozen Midwest in January?  Oh wait, it was only 18 degrees here last week!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©