3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Wallace makes it home (pics added)  (Read 325 times)

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
New Wallace makes it home (pics added)
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Well I got my new Stealth from Wes Wallace and it's a thing of beauty.  The limbs were an extra set to my other Stealth but i wanted it to have it's own riser.  I sent the limbs in and Wes built a gorgeous riser for it and completely refinished the limbs including reinforcing the tips.  At standard draw length he said it would be safe with a FF string but since I'm drawing 30.5 @ 82# he suggested just using dacron since the tips are already loaded pretty heavy.  I'd post pics but never had any luck with photobucket and I'm darn near completely computer illiterate.
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Wallace makes it home (pics added)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
You have good taste Wapati.Wes is a great bowyer and all around good guy.Man,those bows you are shootin are gorillas!Those poor old rosies and blacktails dont have a chance.

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
That's the whole I idea  ;)  , I'm trying out the treesharks this year and I'm looking forward to blowing one through a Rosie or Rocky depending on where I decide to hunt.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
didn't someone mention another photo place beside photobucket that works better.  I'd like to get some pics of this bow and my other two and then post them.

Offline Mitch H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 12:16:00 AM »
I am waiting on a couple of Mentors right now. I sure would love to see the pics of your bows to help me pass the time….. :)

I could easily walk you through posting pics from photobucket, or you could email me the pics and I could post `em for you if you like.
Gerhart recurve
1960 Bear Grizzly
 Wes Wallace Mentor
Dave Miller "Old Mahoning" Hybrid Longbow

People that are not willing to stand up for what is right, deserve no protection from those that will!

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:37:00 AM »
thanks I'll get some pics taken tomorrow of all three of mine and see what we can do.  I need to take the limb skins off so it shows their true beauty.  you know I love anything that shoots a projectile, all types of firearms, modern bows but none of them compare to the raw beauty of a well done trad bow.  I should also note that nothing is as relaxing to shoot as one either.  I don't have the numbers of bows some guys do but I figure at least the three I own are all top quality.

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 01:44:00 AM »
Yea,Im going to try the tree sharks too Rod.One of them old bulls is goin down!Freezers gettin low.That 82#er should get them arrows to the clout at the Pope/Young.Im excited to see it.Wes built my buddt a 68" bow,and he has really become a great and better shot ever since he got it.Great bowyer!

Offline northener

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Congratulations Wapitirod......I hope you can post pictures I would love to see it.

Wes is making a new set for my Mentor, suppose to be done somewhere around June, Mrytle veneers, bamboo core, with Rosewood fadeout and Antler tips to match existing riser. I am hoping the new limbs are as beautiful as the originals,  lots of black swirling color in the grain. I bought this bow used, it originally came with a mildly twisted limb, unsure if the previous owner knew it, anyway, I called Wes, explained the situation. He fixed it, good to this day, no charge.

BTW.  mine will be 42 lbs 30" a far cry from 82 lbs. I am ordering these for cold weather stand hunting for whitetails as well as longer shooting sessions.  33 years of carpentry has taken a toll on my muscles and joints. I really want to be able to hunt when I retire some day.
Intellectuals solve problem, geniuses prevent them

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
Hey Rod,

If you email your pics to me I'll post them for you....   That's interesting that Wes would recommend a Dacron string for such a heavy bow....Kirk

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 10:46:00 PM »

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Nice!!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 10:51:00 PM »

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »
There you go Rod. Very nice looking bow!

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
thanks much for posting those form me.

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
The second pic shows just how much Wes beefed up the limb tips.  I think his reasoning for using Dacron may have something to do with the materials.  He told me before if it had the black tips it was for FF and wood was for Dacron.  The tips are still wood but twice as thick as the tips on my 66# Stealth.  By the way I apologize for not being the best photographer.

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:00 PM »
Looks good   :thumbsup:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 12:17:00 AM »
Here are the rest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©