3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Two days 'till the Great White North!..been and back with muskox...PICS added...  (Read 793 times)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW thats a super nice looking bull Ryan!! Congradulations  :thumbsup:  Sounds and looks like ya had a super great hunt! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Brent

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
We ate most of a backstrap in camp...the meat is tasty, similar but milder than moose, but tough as an old rubber tire.  The balance of the meat is given to the elders in the community to be ground up for meat pies.

Like any other good hunt the details would take hours to talk about, but I've tried to give the highlights anyhow.  The Inuit (they call themselves Eskimos) are friendly people and it is amazing how they can make a living in such a harsh land.  If you take the time to talk with them and ask questions you can learn a lot and take home some great memories.  Going out on the Land with the Inuit was a wonderful experience and the trip was more than worth the time and effort (and money) involved.  The Far North is an austere land, but there is beauty if you look close enough--from the lichen on the rocks...

to a sunset over the Arctic Ocean.....

I feel truly blessed to have been able to visit a part of the world that only a few people are lucky enough to experience.

Ryan

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow, Congrats on a wonderfull hunt. Thanks for the glimps into what had to be a real high point in your hunting.   :clapper:

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh, yeah, almost forgot...shot him with a 65 lb Ancient Spirits Thunderhawk and big Snuffers (what else is there???) total arrow weight 680 grains.  I was surprised how hard the bull was, I shot to the off ribs with the first arrow and to the off shoulder with the 2nd, but no exit.  With my limited experience this animal was harder to shoot through than a bull moose, although smaller.  Maybe its the hair.

R

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
Great pic's and story, would love to do that trip someday...CONGRAT'S
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
What a neat looking animal Ryan. Awesome pics, awesome animal, awesome hunt.   :notworthy:  

Congrats my young friend. Where are you off to and after next?
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Excellent Ryan!  Next time I see you, I will be hounding you for info on that hunt; I am always intrigued by those Musk Ox, but don't really want to wear the caribou hide suit and suffer thru the cold.  Looking forward to seeing that one in your "taxidermist's" shop.

Steve Osminski

p.s.  Gary is out in the high country of NM chasing Muleys thru this weekend.  Anxious for his report.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan, I have been thinking about calling you. I was just wondering how things were going and was a little worried since I had not seen you on here in awhile.  I'm glad everything is cool, and it looks like you had an awesome hunt!  A group of us just got back from Namibia also.  Check it out in the Dark Continent Forum.  By the way, that Muskox will look great on the wall!

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
Great hunt and awesome pictures!

Offline lone hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Great country and great pics. What a wonderful experience your've had. Thanks for sharing

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan, Congrats on an awesome hunt. I have always thought muskox were an interesting animal.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Cool mate, job well done. i was going to ask what Broadhead you were going to use...  :wavey:
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
Congratulations!  Did you skin it for a full body mount?  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
High five!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
Great hunt Ryan, what an experience that must have been, not just the hunt but sharing time with the Inuits in their native land......congrats.

David

Offline McGeeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice job Ryan!! Doesn't look like it was very cold up there. I hope to see you this fall for some good whitetail action.

Offline Murph From The Bay

• Trad Bowhunter
Looks like a great hunt. Fantastic pictures.  There must be a whole lot of fat on that hide!
CONGRATS

Geoff

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
WOW!!! A real dream hunt. That's really some thing. Congrats!!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
great job on the Photos and story and that is one cool animal.  all the photos are great, but i really like the one with the fox with just one eye peeking over his dinner. cool shot.   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©