3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: favorite turkey decoy?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: favorite turkey decoy?
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
Bat man, I used the BTD last season and was astounded with the results.

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »
I've used the Best Turkey Decoy Jake and the Avian X Feeder hen for the last two years, just amazeing how the Turkeys respond to these lifelike decoys. I think you could probably just use the jake alone and do just as good. In the last two years I have had 16 Gobblers in to these decoys, I think every one of them came directly to the jake. My partner uses the Avian X hen and Jake and does just as well.  RW

Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
With all due respect, of which little is due, you guys are NOT a good influence.  I mean this with the deepest respect and admiration........really.
homebru
P.S. yes, I burned the better part of a c-note

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
You got off cheap Nathan.  I have a DSD jake and a submissive hen on the way.  :rolleyes:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline soy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2013, 01:39:00 AM »
I feel your pain i orderd the jake, feeding hen and tje deer...than the wife intercepted the delivery and seen the invoice....thank goodness she thought the totals for the dear only(the folks at dsd are an understanding bunch) unfortunately had to sacrifice the deer... but man them turkeys are beautiful   :goldtooth:

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
:confused:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Buxndiverdux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »
Anneewakee Addiction Longbow
56" 57# @ 28"

Offline soy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
Nice shot   :archer2:

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »
I am by no means a good turkey hunter.  It took me years and years to finally kill one with my bow.  But Joey pointed me in the right direction.  EVERY single year, I would get multiple birds in shotgun range but then they would shy away.  For years I thought I was doing something wrong in my calling.  First year with a DSD decoy and my wife and I both killed our first birds in two days.  Not to mention the multiple birds I lured in for buddies who then MMMIIIISSSEEED them!  The cheap foam decoys are great with a gun.  In fact I will even say killing turkeys with a gun would be easy where I hunt since I routinely get them in gun range.  But getting them into bow range seems to take a more convincing setup.  I am now convinced that I would be better off with no decoy at all than to put a not so real looking one out.  Again. I am NOT a very successful turkey hunter, but my close calls/encounters went up probably 500% when I spent the money on a realistic looking decoy.  Like I said, I would rather not have a decoy than have a not so convincing one.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©