3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: stress crack question.  (Read 312 times)

Offline bronco2

• Trad Bowhunter
stress crack question.
« on: February 03, 2013, 06:08:00 AM »
hello all. i have a browning explore 1 bow. an it has some fine hair line cracks in the clear coat of the limbs. just where it makes the turns. this is what the guy told me when i bought it. so, is these crack serious or is it something to worrier about? or did the guy lie to me? i have shot it many times and they don't get any worst and don't hurt the shooting of the bow. if it is bad. i want to know how to fix it if i can and so, i can pull it from my listing for sale on here and some other sites..sorry for the bad picture. i can get better one if needed. thanks for any help. denny

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: stress crack question.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Very common in many of the bows from that era, and not a thing to worry about.  Keep on shooting!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline bronco2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:00 AM »
OK, that's a relief.....lol...thanks you

Offline danderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 07:37:00 AM »
If I showed you my 67 and a half super kodiak, you'd be shocked I even have it strung let alone shoot it - purely cosmetic!
BW SAX Kingwood 54#

1967 Bear Super Kodiak 50#

Offline bronco2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:27:00 PM »
thanks fellas

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
I saw that bow on the big auction site.  I'm a HUGE fan of the 62" Explorers.  Never shot one of the shorter versions.  

I'd be a little more concerned than the earlier posters.  Something causes stress cracks.  Stress, for instance.  If the bow shows no twisting of the limbs I'd feel a bit easier.  The longitudinal cracks are less alarming than the horizontal ones.  They are just one sign to look for.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©