3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hitting to the right  (Read 131 times)

Offline Troy Luke

• Trad Bowhunter
Hitting to the right
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
Hello this is my first post here. I am shooting a 45#Bear Kodiak mag the arrows I am useing are Beeman MFX clasics 400 31" 150 gr. field point I cant remember for sure what gr. the insert was so I was wondering when the arrows are hitting to the right are the arrows spined to heavy or to light do I need to make the tip heavier or lighter or do I need to go to 500 and start over never had this much trouble with wood. thanks for your advice ps. I dont have bare shafts I am right handed 28" draw I didnt check for placement w. broad heads I just thought if you hit to the right ment your arrows were spined to light or heavy

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hitting to the right
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:43:00 PM »
Would need to provide more information such as:

Actual draw length, string type,Arrow side plate and string details.

Even w/o the aforementioned information, the following would likely be the best information:

Where do your bareshafts mark relative to the fletched shafts and at what distance from the target?

or even better

Where do your BH tipped fletched shafts mark relative to your fletched shafts and at what distance from the target?

Keep in mind to start close such as at 5 yards and work your way back. Hopefully, you will be able to provide some data at a distance of 15 yards or possibly beyond. Also, take enough shots to develop confidence in the data.

There are many w/i the TG family far more capable to get you on track.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
And are you right handed or left handed?
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:47:00 PM »
I would say those arrows are way stiff buddy. I shot .400 carbons out of a 52@28 carbon laminated longbow. IMO,for carbons I'd suggest a .500 with .145-.175point weight. Or,if it were me...I would put money on a 2016 XX75 flying so,so,sweet out of that bow. Another carbon I'd
check out would be a CX Heritage 90. That would be a good fit I'd bet. They are a little smaller in diameter,so keep in mind if you have a bow quiver cause the grippers may be loose on them. Points will be smaller in diameter also. But they do fly nice out of a 45# bow. I had a 47# Griffin that they flew beautiful out of. rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©