3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lighted Nocks -Deer & Hogs  (Read 238 times)

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Lighted Nocks -Deer & Hogs
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »
Hey Trad Gang. Wanted some feedback on your experience with lighted nocks. Deer and hogs is what I hunt mostly. I use all orange feathers on my arrows so my thought is that I can have visibility when I shoot early or late when my feathers are harder to see while carrying arrows in my quiver that are harder for deer to see without having to use a cover on my arrows. Not quite sure about the color orange and the eyes of hogs. What do you think?
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lighted Nocks -Deer & Hogs
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:52:00 PM »
In my experience, hogs don't react in any negative way to any color(feathers, camo,etc).
I've had hundreds of hogs look right through me just wearing drab colors or plaids/camo(same with many deer and turkeys, too).
They do react to movement though, so a light colored feather or wrap might catch their eye.
I only cover my feathers when turkey hunting.

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
I do use lighted nocks on my carbons. It really helps any time of day to see shot location and at night to see the general direction of travel after the hit(or in my case, miss).

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
Tarponnut, Thanks for your responses. I am hoping to get to your place one day and chase hogs. Good to hear your comment about colors and hogs. As many hogs as you have been around that would qualify as an "expert opinion." I also use carbon arrows (gold tips) and absolutley love them. I think lighted nocks is a good solution to bright arrows that could scare game and seeing shot location. Do you think the deer or hogs would see the light coming and react to the shot earlier than without a lighted nock?
Todd Trahan

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Hunted with Jim a couple weeks ago and used lighted nocks for the first time. They worked great and really helped track arrow flight and shot placement. I will continue to use them in the future. Do not think the game can see them any better, and we were night hunting.
However I am new to lighted nocks and have much more to learn.
Good Luck, Bill

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Thanks Bill. Have enjoyed your videos by the way.
Todd Trahan

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 06:41:00 PM »
I've been using lighted nocks for years on deer and hogs. LOVE EM! I first tried them because I love using homemade turkey fletching. Even dying bright colors they are still hard to see. I tried fur fletch and it was ok. But when I tried a lighted nock it was instant love. Man I've never had a animal spook anymore than in the past but I sure have known exactly where my arrow went. I've tried a few brands and but I've had perfect preformance with Nocturnal or Easton.
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©