3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 30 plus yrs. and im not addicted.......  (Read 370 times)

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
30 plus yrs. and im not addicted.......
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:16:00 PM »
30 plus yrs. and im not addicted........ i can quit anytime! YEAH RIGHT!!!! Its hard to believe that anything as simple and straight foreward as trad. archery can be so addicting and captivating! Its not the popular choice, its not the easy way choice but it sure has a way of becoming part of your every day life.
If youve got any ideas on what causes this life long addiction, please share.... inquiring minds wanna know.
By the way, I wouldnt give up a second of it, Wooohoooo, what a ride!

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 30 plus yrs. and im not addicted.......
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
58 years.  Tried to quit.  Intend to attend a class---after some practice, fletching of new shafts and twisting up a new string, after, after after.

Pleasant sort of misery, huh?
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:56:00 PM »
If you have a cure don't tell me,I don't want to know,having to much fun. LOL.  :bigsmyl:    :archer:

Offline Jake Diebolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
"Hi, My name is Jake, and I'm a trad archeryaholic"

"Hi Jake!"

"It's been 2 hours since shooting my last arrow or looking at a bow online...a new personal best! I really think one of these days I'll kick this habit!"

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 11:48:00 PM »
Moleman, your as big a archeryaholic as any member on Trad Gang. As your sponsor and as a condition of your treatment, I hereby order you to attend a three day hog hunting seminar in the state of Georgia. As a member of AA (archeryaholics anonimous) failure to attend this clinic could have detrimental consiquences to your recovery.Further action could be taken upon your absence to  this event.    :readit:    :nono:
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:05:00 AM »
50 years doing this and I'm still as enthusiastic as when I started.I just wish we had the education thats available today.Could have saved alot of frustration and money !What the heck,its chalked up to experience and makes great storys for my grandkids !LOL
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:51:00 AM »
I beg to differ Steve.  Back before the days of the internet I thought one bow and a set of arrows was good enough.  It is actually this Trad Gang place that is to blame for all of my problems!   :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 07:56:00 AM »
Right on, Joe. Before I found TG, I had a couple of bows and was fat, dumb and happy. Now I have a stable, hundreds of wood arrows, quivers out the wazoo, and 10 different targets spread from Wyoming to Arizona.
Keeps me out of the bars......
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:
I beg to differ Steve.  Back before the days of the internet I thought one bow and a set of arrows was good enough.  It is actually this Trad Gang place that is to blame for all of my problems!    :biglaugh:  
You nailed it Whip.  These doggone pictures of bows I would never otherwise see has a detrimental effect on my weak will.  :biglaugh:
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by limbolt:
If you have a cure don't tell me,I don't want to know,having to much fun. LOL.   :bigsmyl:      :archer:  
X2

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 11:40:00 AM »
I know a sure fire cure for the addiction but the treatment is far worse than the sickness...lol

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
Last year when we started the trad league shoot there were about five regulars......last night, the first night of this year, I believe there were 15-20 of us.  The guys at the range said they didn't have that many compound shooters show up.

There must be some fun it somewhere.  I know I've found it.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
30 years and counting! I have been distracted at times by raising two sons that played 3 sports each. But now both are down to one and one graduates this year. The addiction has been put bigtime back into practice lately! Yeah it's tough when the youngest say's "dad we don't need your help practicing anymore"! Oh well critters here I come.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Nathan Killen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »
I'm a Christian, and I love archery so much it worries me that I've made it a sin ! God commands us to serve him alone, I wonder sometimes if I/we sometimes make archery a God ? I'm passionate about archery, and I struggle.......
Genesis 21:20 And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. ->>>---------------->

Jesus is my lord and savior, Who is he to you ?

60" Little Mountain built by Ethan Rodrigue

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nathan Killen:
I'm a Christian, and I love archery so much it worries me that I've made it a sin ! God commands us to serve him alone, I wonder sometimes if I/we sometimes make archery a God ? I'm passionate about archery, and I struggle.......
Very well stated.  I can relate.  God Bless!
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
I have friends that ...shoot...shoot wheels. They will introduce me to someone as there Recurve friend and in the same breath "Tell him the last time you shot your bow". I have to look at my watch to be precise, which makes me smile   :archer2:
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
30 years with the longbow also.  Article by Jerry Hill started me on this journey and man has it been fun.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »
There are so many directions you can go with trad archery. Of course we all know there is longbow or recurve, fiberglass or primitive, hunting or target or flight, do it yourself or not... Then within each of these are other options like big game or small, backed or unbacked primitive... The there are styles of shooting. And this is just a start. You can't hardly get bored! I can't understand why some don't understand.

Nathan I can relate also. Thank you for sharing what I thought was a not so common thing.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline NBK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:00 PM »
I believe there's a predisposition to being bitten by the trad bug and my proof is that I've never met a fellow traditional archer that I didn't like.  I can walk into any gathering or go to any shoot and immediately feel as though I'm among friends.  There are alot of things in life that I can do without, this isn't one of them.
Mike

"I belong anywhere but in between"

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:00 PM »
I'm approaching 60 years with a stick bow now.  Never considered it an addiction, just a way of life.  Agree with Joe, though.  Back in the day, we considered one bow, well maybe one plus a back-up, enough. I always had the best stick and arrows I could afford, though.  The internet sure has fueled the fire.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©