3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I got two gallons of milk, 4 different cereals, napkins, 48 brownies and hot chocolate for the kids.

I am leaving in the morning and should get there around 9 am or earlier. Mapquest says between 3.5 and 4.5 hours. I am leaving 4:30 so if there is no issues traveling because of weather or traffic I should get there between 8 and 9.

Is there someplace close that I can pick up a license on the way?

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Sean, just some drinks will be good!! Gil, we have a Wal-Mart about 6 miles from the house on US RTE. 9W. Yup I have been doing this a long time and have seen many a kids grow up on this hunt Ecsp. Cade. I know we have killed over 70 bunnies and hopefully we kill a few more this weekend. Lots of great raffle items as well. I am hoping we get at least 18-20 guys, we are close so if anyone wants to attend please come and have some fun!! The Address is as follows:
16 Old School RD.
Selkirk NY 12158  OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
I picked up a bunch of plastic plates and cups.  See you folks tomorrow morning.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
What time you launching bro? Ill probably be dragging in at 9:00. Finally in the new house but Im spent from moving. Ill be lucky if I can come up with a self bow and fishing arrow after I sort through the mess.

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Izzy, do you need a bow???  I moved 3 times in the last 18 mo, I know how you feel bro
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Shawn finally got logged on here.  Matt and I should be leaving in about half an hour.  Ask Cindy to make a list of anything she wants and we will pick it up on the way.  We should be there by 10 My cousin Emilio, Kevin, and Nephew Peter are all in.
peter Osimanti

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Have a great time guys.  Like you wont ha, ha.     :readit:    ;)    

Its hard not to have a good time around these folks.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good luck today Boys and girls! Wish I could be there!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah........
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
Thinking about hunts past & wishing we could have made it.

The best time we had each season.

Good luck to all!

Larry & Greg
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got home and wowwwwwww!!! What a blast. As usual nothing but good fellas and good hunting. Met Gil  and Brett for the 1st time and they were like like old friends.

I personally took about 10 shots and saw maybe 50 bunnies with none brought to bag.     :banghead:      :banghead:      :banghead:  

The young fellas Cade and Peter did some major shooting and trooped it out hard.

Ill let Shawn tell bout the funds raised but it was substantial for a handfull of fellas.

You boys dont know how much I enjoyed being there with you all, thanks to everyone.     :campfire:      :archer:

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I just got out of the shower, had to wash the blood off...my own   :laughing:   It was a great time. Just as Izzy said, what a blast!!  Bunnies all over the place.  I had about 8 or 10 shots myself and I couldn't even begin to count the bunnies seen.  The food was great, thank you Shawn and Cindy for great hospitality.

Ill post some pictures when I figure how to get them off of my phone.  it was great seeing everyone again, and meeting Gil and Bret.  

Thanks again every one for a great time.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
OK folks I just got up and am a bit sore and cut up!! We seen a ton of rabbits and I had 20 shots myself and killed 1 bunny. We killed quite a few more than that!! I know on one push Izzy said he had seen over a dozen rabbits and Cade(Guru11)had shot all his arrows and had to collect them and empty his quiver again!! The newbies did really well, it was pleasure to have them here!! We are heading out again this morning, so I will have a bunny total later today!! There was well over 130 shots taken with plenty of misses but also plenty of kills!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Slay 'me today!!!!!  Heck, I'm sore and cramping up just thinking about it........where's the ibuprofen?  Have fun today guys.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wow what a geart time. Thanks for hosting this Shawn.

I won't forget young (notice I didn't say little) Peter's face when he won that recurve. That is what it is all about, including helping a great cause.

Man I had a blast. I haven't seen rabbits like this for 40 years.

I felt like I know many Tradgangers as it is, but it is great actually meeting you guys.

This is a great site and I enjoy immensely, but it the people on the site that make it great.

I gaurantee the third weekend of February will be on my calendar for each year it is held. I could only stay one day due to prior responsibilities, but that won't happen again.

Thanks everyone it was great meeting you all.
Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
OH YEAH! Way to go y'all  :thumbsup:  
Cant wait to see the pics. good luck today!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Go get em folks, Im gonna take it easy on the bunnies today    :D   . If anyone finds a black liner lock Emerson knife thats mine. I have looked everywhere this morning and cant find it. It could have fallen out of my pocket downstairs.    :notworthy:

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
I fit right with the others of the "one day only" group.......I woke up this morning a little sore and with evidence of some blood letting!!!!

It was absolutely great to spend time with a bunch of old friends again, meet some new folks, and finally put faces to some "handles"  I see here on TG......Gil, Cade, Big Ed......although I think Big Ed and I have run into one another before at one of the shoots last year.

The bunnies didn't disappoint........I won't even attempt to guess how many were actually "moved" yesterday........I know I was aware of at least 50.  I got a decent number of shots, came close, very close, but as they say....that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

During the evening raffle, I won the "bunny hunt bow", a nice old Bear Alaskan.  Since it is the "designated" bunny bow, it will remain at the Leonard household for anyone that may need it in the future.

Still....no matter how much "bunny" fun we all had, this gathering, ultimately, was for the kids at St. Judes.  It was an honor to spend a day with such generous bunny chasers.

Shawn - I hope you slept in a bit this morning....you deserved it!  You are the heart and soul......the driving force.....behind all this.  Thanks to you and Cindy for putting up with this ragtag bunch of cottontail chasers.      :notworthy:

To those of you that are gluttons for punishment and just HAD to chase those bunnies for a second day.........stay warm, wear your body armor and above all else......make some of those bunnies pay for the blood you are about to shed!!!!

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I'll check back for more stories and pictures.

I have spent the last 2 days sicker than a dog laying in bed. I did manage to read Charlie Lambs book (thank you again Tony!)  and was thinking of you guys.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©