3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3199 times)

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you Shawn and Cindy for hosting! It was a great 2 days of hunting. Hard, fast, furious and painful. There was a lot of laughs, rabbits, and shots, with a great bunch of guys. Hope everyone made it home safe! It is back to work now.

bunny bunny bunny - nobody move!
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Gil and Tony it was great to have you!! Gil fit right in, just like an old friend and Tony, well I have met up with him a few times before and he did get a bit bloody. We must have seen well over 50 rabbits and we saw quite a few more today. The raffle for the kids was actually incredible, we did not have a whole bunch of folks but we raised a lot of money for the amount of guys we had. I want to make a special comment about Cade(Guru11) and Peter(the one who has a little one!)these two young men are our future and they hunt as hard as anyone of us and I am proud to call both of them my friends and fellow hunters!! You two can hunt with me anytime!! I will post a number on how much was raised once we get some stories and pictures up. I will start with one of my own, we had just finished the doorplant push, which we actually did twice. We pushed it one way and than sent the drivers back as watchers and we pushed it back to them. Mikey and Ed had said several bunnies had run the gauntlet and had gotten through the watchers on both pushes and went into a real thick patch behind some of my neighbors houses. My nieghbors are aware of the Bunny Hunt and our efforts for St. Judes so they do not mind us walking thru their backyards and setting up next to there garages and playground equipment!! I took the drivers(as usual   :rolleyes:  )and had Nate and Curt lined up alongside of me, as soon as we started in out goes a bunny and the shouts of BUNNY!!!! are heard. We only go a short distance and out comes another and runs acrossed in front of me and stops 15 yards away in the wide open, I proceed to calmly raise my bow and loose an arrow, it flies an inch high and literally sticks in the ground and kind of rests acrossed the bunnie neck. I get another arrow nocked and as I draw he runs into some nasty stuff 30 yards away. I look for a hole but it looks like a jail cell window but I decide it is now or never. I let one fly and watch in amazement as my arrow finds its way thru and thumps him mid body. I throw the RER and run in after him, after a chase thru the nasties I grab the arrow and it pulls right thru, leaving one of my pink feathers sticking in him, I than make a desperation dive and have my prize!! The whole time I am thinking of Ishiwannabe(Jamie) as he has run down and dove on more bunnies than anyone I know!! I believe that was the 3rd. bunny of the day!! There was a ton more action and I will let other guys tell their own stories!! I just want to thank everyone who came for the great time and the great prizes donated to the raffle!! I really want to thank Jamie, as I won the Harold Couch longbow he so generously donated, Thanks bud, I love ya man!! What can I say->>>----------->
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!    :bigsmyl:    Shawn
Shawn

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I don't have any really good stories other than bunnies are a tough critter to hit on the run, esp when they're 5 feet from you and running right st you!!  half my shots I dont think I even anchored...just grip it and ripped it!! Came close a few times, but man was it alotta fun!

The raffle was awesome as usual, I was lucky enough to win a tapering tool and some knocks  by generously donated by Guru and a GPS  and self bow donated by GlenBo.  Again, I can safely say that a good time was had by all
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
I know guys were tired but I was expecting a few more posts by now!! I know on the pasture push right behind my house Cade(Guru11) shot at least 10 times, I came thru and asked him if he had gotten any shots and he said I emptied my quiver, than paused and said "Twice"!! Izzy saw between 12 and 16 rabbits on that push and I know I shot a bunch of times and Big Ed shot at least 7-8 times on that push as well!! Peter killed two bunnies on that push and we had a couple hit and get away as well. As many have said it is not easy hitting a bunny that is flat out and dodging and weaving thru brush so thick it would be hard to drive a truck thru let alone an arrow!! Lets see some pictures guys, I know ya have a bunch!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
Everyone must have to work today????  :rolleyes:    :campfire:

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
work must go on   :banghead:    :dunno:
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Didnt dare haul the new camera through the brush and couldnt find my beater on time so I only have a few. Heres the fellars loading up and gettin ready.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Chief WAYSIAH getting his trusty Hummingbird ready.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Izzy:
  Chief WAYSIAH getting his trusty Hummingbird ready.
Izzy is the kid with the orange Boonie hat yours    :laughing:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Plenty of bunny action both days... I lost a few arrows, not bad for over a dozen (missed) shots and twice that for rabbits seen... Gotta Love This Hunt! It was sooooo cold Sunday I had trouble drawing my bow to anchor... Around mid day, Shawn had me stand at "The Shed". I didn't feel cold when the action started! Three shots at cotton-tails doing fifty miles per hour making for the shed zone... Just like they were on a track... Got my bow back with three "almost" shots but no cigar.   :dunno:  

Met some nice folks and was happy for a new guy to get the first bunny on Saturday! Way To Go Emilio!

Hey Jim! I wouldn't make fun of my leather-lined bunny hunt hat... You'll be sleeping in the tool shed with Swamp Thing this August...  :p

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jim would like that.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt, ya gonna post some pics.? I know there are a lot more stories out there. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:     :coffee:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Sean B