3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter
Memorable Moment of the weekend: was the first push of the day. I got 3 shots in the first 20 yards with newbie Emilio ("Amy") beside me. With "Amy" in amazement, watching me shoot, I think I turned on a bit of fire in him. Not 30 yards later I heard a good bit of commotion, and found out that "Amy" had shot and missed and got a second shot making a direct hit. Not bad for a new guy, 2 shots and 1 rabbit. It was a pleasure to have Emilio with us, he made a great hunting partner.
More stories to come...
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Jim, thats not my kid thats my bro from Da Bronx.We're going bow fishing for stripers him and me   ;)   !  

I forgot about Amy, he da man. 2 shots and a bunny down??? What ??? Great to meet Amy, hope to bump into him on the trail again.

Great pics Shawn, I wanted to get that sunrise myself, it was a great one huh?

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
When I tell you I saw bunnies run past me 30 times on the school push I am being conservative. It was a bunny swarm, a damn bunny apocalypse!!!     :scared:    :scared:    :scared:     Never seen nothing like that before. I missed 3 times on that push and had a few stop where it was too thick to shoot. Guru II and "Little Peter" were to my right and I got enough thrill just watching them shoot like 30 times or so between the 2 of them.   :campfire:

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Made it back to Kansas finally. It's amazing the weather You can see in 7 different states in two days. From single digit temps and snow to almost 60 and driving rain.

Thank You Shawn and Cindy for hosting such a great hunt. I had the best time ever.

It was great meeting everyone and I appreciate everyone making me feel so welcome. I have wanted to go on the Bunny hunt since I've been on TradGang because it looked like a great time. And it was!!

The Bunny's were everywhere. It was so hectic at times You didn't know to shoot stomp or dive on them. I think I did a little of everything.

Thanks everyone for such a great time. I'm already trying to figure out how to make the next one.

And I need to say a special Thank You to Guru. He won a very nice kids recurve in the Raffle that someone donated. He was gracious enough to give it to me for My grandson Mark. Thanks buddy. Keep in touch everyone.

bretto

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Bretto great to have ya, just imagine having 80 more guys involved the next time around!! Meathead(Jason Mauer) donated that kids bow and he had won it at an earlier bunny hunt. I want to Thank everyone again, we rasied a total of $2250 and that is a lot for the amount of guys we had, everyone was very generous!! We are going to donate the money to another St. Judes fund raiser who have coporate sponsors who match the funds dollar for dollar, we are gonna turn that money into $4500 now that calls for an OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
What a great time with two of the finest host. Thank you Cindy and Shawn, hope we can get together this summer.
 Cade and Little Peter are two of the finest young gentlemen, just a joy to hunt with.
 It was great to see the usual crew my New York and Connecticut Brothers!!  
Gil, Tony, Bretto and Emilio it was a pleasure to meet and hunt with you guys and hope to see you all again soon.
I can tell you one thing between Cade, Peter and myself we had to have had over one hundred shots, not to shabby for a couple days of chasing bunnies!!
 I sure missed seeing Larry, Swampbuck, Jeremy, Charlie,Maddog(Mike),RonW,Dave K. and of course the Langer boys, hope you guys can make it for next years finally.
 I know my daughter and I will be there!!!
OOOOOHHHHHH   YYYYYEEEEEOOOOOOUUUUUUUCHHHHH !!!
Dang just found another picker!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I can't wait until next year.

Man I didn't go through half of the bad stuff you guys went through, but everyday I am finding pickers too.

Next year I am bringing tweezers and a pair of clippers.

Beautiful picture of my old truck! Ha! Nearly 400k miles and still going strong.
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Emilio, little Peter and I sat out the last push on Sat eve. I don't know about them but I was hurting by then.

As we stood at the top of the hill waiting on the others to return little Peter found a target of an old plastic gas can. That boy shot that can 50 times or more. It was nice to see so much enthusiasm at the end of a long day.

Like Big Ed said Peter and Cade are 2 super kids to be around. Both of these boys have been brought up right.    :clapper:  

bretto

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I ain't seen a dead rabbit picture nor a bloody face yet.......gotta be dead bunnies and someone's bloody face somewhere!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dave, my face ended up being pretty bloody, but I dint know if anyone got pics of it though, as for dead bunnies....I think there's a few that will be posted!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah, we actually killed 6 and hit At least that many more!! There was a couple hundred shots taken In The two days! Curt should have some good pics.!! (OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
They were tough to hit thats for sure. All of my misses were by fractions of an inch but not good enough. Grazed a few and slapped a few with the side of my arras but no blood drawn. I sometimes get just as much a kick outa missing them as I do connecting. More laughter involved.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
I had several shots and should have taken more. I came close on a couple of shots. I got to help Pete chase down one of his rabbits.

The action was furious at times. With Bunnies going every direction and people hollering BUNNY in two or three places at once.

Shawn's advice to me was " You gotta let it fly ".

I'll be more prepared next time.

bretto

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Quote from Cade "there's rabbits everywhere"! This was after emptying his quiver for the 2nd time.

I mmmmmissed 4 times! Shot behind two and over two. I also shot through 1 and blood trailed it to a fence onto airport property.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
c'mon guys, somebody must have taken some pics. It was bad enough missing it, but all this talk with no pics is killing me!  :(

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeh some more pics would be great. I had been looking for this for a while and thought it wasn't happening. Was away from PowWow for a week and there is a dozen pages. Man was I bummed. Only consolation was that I had stuff on and wouldn't have been able to make it anyway. Whats the date for next year, i plan on making my plans now. Been to one and can't wait for another one.
So give us guys who couldn't/didn't make it something to be real jealous about, pleeeease
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Ill get them up tonight   :campfire:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sean, nice job on the pics. Thanks for taking us along   :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME