3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3200 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The hunt is in Selkirk, NY, just outside of Albany. If you have a chance to go you should, it is an absolute great time with great people, and I am pretty sure you wont find a place with more cottontails than Shawn's.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The hunt is in Selkirk, NY, just outside of Albany. If you have a chance to go you should, it is an absolute great time with great people, and I am pretty sure you wont find a place with more cottontails than Shawn's.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Dang... This sounds like a great time.  I'll check my schedule. I may try to make it.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, can you PM me the address so I can see how far of a drive it would be?
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
Great to finally see you back on here!!

Should be plenty of nice snow after THIS weekend!!

PM sent and looking forward to a great weekend.

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
PA Stickbow Boy - It is about a 7 hour drive, a little over if I remember correctly.

Me and 4 other Butler County Boys went up for this hunt in 2010 and 2011. Its a blast.

The terrain and "rabbitat" are identical to our Rabbitat here in Butler Co.

Great people, great hunt, great raffle.

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the offer Big Ed!! I'm working on the details with the Mrs.

Should know in a day or two if this is gonna happen. This is one hunt I've always wanted to make.

bretto

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
If you can get in on time and can make the drive this is an event for the memory bank. If you dont have a hoot at this hunt you just dont like having fun.   :campfire:

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
This was my 1st "all traditional" event in 2010,  it was unreal.  After shooting a recurve for 20 yrs, I had no idea there were that many trad shooters out there!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah have not been to send personal invites but Mikey knows if I had a thousand guys coming he would be 1001!!I will try and PM him as well!! I know have been out of touch but expected a bigger response. We normally draw between 80-100 guys the last few years of the official hunt. I know short notice but this will be a good one!! I have another 56 acre piece that blends into Briar Back Mountain acrossed the creek from it as a matter of fact and I know that will be loaded with bunnies too, have great access to it as well!!! I got lucky and they sent us home so I will be on-line for a couple hours!! Once the snow hits I am plowing for the next 15 or so hours!! The Address is as follow->>>--------->
16 Old School Rd.
Selkirk NY 12158  I took a quick walk on the new property and saw no less than 12 bunnies and I never got into the thick stuff!! If anyone wants to arrive Friday after 4pm. please send me a PM and let me know so we are ready for ya!! Guys from past hunts should post up some more pics to show what we offer!! Please not a lot of bloody faces and torn ears as that may skeer some people away!!  :bigsmyl: (LOL!!) OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Also it is only 2:15 from Yankee Stadium or a little less if ya don't mind some speed on you trip. I am 10 minutes from Albany NY and have some of the best Rabbitat there is, look at the thread from a few weeks back!! We killed 12 bunnies with 8-10 guys in about 4.5 hrs of hunting. Been known to limit out(6)in 15-20 minutes with my shotgun!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Shawn, I can't make it this year as I have plans for that weekend that I can't pass up, but definately me and my hunting partner are looking forward to next year, bunny!!!! ooohhhh...yeeaaahhhh !!!!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
You Can Bet Your Buttons I'm Gonna Be There! Got the OK from my honey two minutes ago.

As Transportation Supervisor here at Jacobi Medical Center, I won't be going home for about another 24-36 hours... Kinda know how Shawn feels...

See you guys Saturday the 16th!!!    :jumper:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
I bet this hunt would be a blast, too bad it's so dad gum far away!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
TTT!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Shawn

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Shawn,
Wish I were closer buddy, looks like a great time! Ya'll enjoy, just be careful!
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
I just got home from work and saw this. I'll try to let you know Shawn some time tomorrow. Hopefully I can!

Lee

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Just a small detachment!

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I ALWAYS enjoy this thread! Good luck to everyone
   :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Wish you were closer pal, youd have a ball.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©