3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3195 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Guru:
[QB] A very familiar sight for a "real" bunny hunter on a push that's doing his "job"...Big Ed...
•  

There's a bunnny hunter, and the Big Ed I know!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I knew I would never get lost when I was up there. I just hung around Big Ed and followed the blood trail where ever he went!
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Might have been one of those elusive Vampire Bunnies. No pain no gain.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
I gotta hand it to you guys... Getting those bunnies out of the thorn cover is not for the sissy type... When we went in to that "new spot" then came around Briar Back, I mixed with the wild rose cover and am very happy I had pruners with me... Went extra slow, not wanting to destroy my glasses... Didn't get any battle scars on my face, but my hands took a beating...

I can see how a bow needs to be "thrown over there" to get outa that stuff... Kinda glad I'm a short fella... Helps a bit in the thick... Anyway, I had such a good time and it's all because of you guys! Love you one and all!

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
That push was brutal, Ed was within 30 yards of me and I could not see him in the thick. I saw 4 bunnies on that push and never got a shot. We need more guys to push the new spot, so maybe next year we will have enough!! It was around -3 with the windchill and we were still sweating!! Great pics. I am heading down towards Curt tomorrow and getting our donation doubled. I donated $100 to the firehouse so everyone knows. They had two bad fires this week, one on Sunday while we were hunting and another where a life was lost on Weds. night. I figured those guys deserved a good donation, as they always give us whatever we need for the hunt!! I know we have a few more stories coming and I will also let everyone know how we made out with the final total for St. Judes!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
What a blast and I wish I was there. Several of us Tradgang members (reddogge, droptine59, raineman and son, migrabill, sharper) did a bunny hunt last weekend on the Eastern Shore of MD. We jumped 23, hit 3, killed 2. Good day. It was just about a 4 hour hunt.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
How did things go at the radio station?
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Just got home and all I can say is OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! We went down with 2150 dollars and our amount was matched!! WRWD 107.3 holds an annual fundraiser for St. Judes and after speaking to several people and the event co-ordinator, we ended up getting the money we donated matched!!! We ended up donating $4300 for the kids of St. Judes in my Moms name, but I made sure the hunt was mentioned and a shout out to Trad-Gang as well. Cindy and I want to thank everyone who attended and donated to our raffle. Next year we want to raise $10,000 and get that doubled to $20,000 how sweet would that be?!!! So everyone start planning for the 3rd. weekend Feb. 2014 and make that hunt are biggest and best ever!! I am going to add to the title of this thread our final amount!! Lets keep this going a bit so we get the word out about next years huntand how good all you folks did! Make sure ya mention the great prizes we all seemed to win some of at our raffle!! I also want to Thank Terry Green and all the moderators of this great site, this all would of never gotten started if it weren't for these folks!! Thanks again!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Yeah yeah Bro!!! Thats what Im talking about. In your Moms memory for the kids.   :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
I also would like to Thank Curt(Guru) and Cade(Guru11) for lunch and a good time today!! I wish we would have planned better and we could of spent more time together!! Curt is the one who had the idea for us to get our money matched at this fundraiser and it worked out great. $4300 is nothing to sneeze at and as I said hopefully we can improve on that next year!! Yeah Izzy my Mom would be proud of all of us!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
:notworthy:    :notworthy:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Rich!! TTT before I go to bed!! The guys did an end of the year hunt as always with the bang sticks and they had only 5 guys and killed 27 bunnies today!! There will be plenty for next year!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way to go Shawn and Curt!!!! That is awesome, your mom would be proud.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats and great job as always.....sounds like a blast! I always wish I was able to make it    :clapper:    :clapper:
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Shawn and Curt on getting the donations doubled!!!

I was so glad it worked out for me to attend. I'm hoping I can make it next year. This was a great hunt. And next year will be bigger and better.

Take care all.

Bretto

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
OOOOOOHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  That's awesome!!  I'm all set for next year. I was loved being a part of it.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome job guys.
peter Osimanti

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Well done to all involved!! Already have some good ideas for next year. OOOOOHHHHH  YYYYEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to go everyone!!!!!  $4300!!!!!!!  Not bad for our small ragtag group of bunny chasers!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

Brett - sure glad you made it all the way out here......it would be an honor to fling arrows next to you in 2014!!!!!

:campfire:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©