3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2013!! TOTAL MONEY RAISED $4300!!! Details page 16  (Read 3204 times)

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
If I can swing both hunts I am going to go. I am waiting to hear back from Shawn on some of the details.

What license do I need small game and archery? Is there a 3 day license or do I have to buy a yearly one?

I saw you mentioned it was 3 hours from NYC, so I am guessing it will be 5 from me. What town is it in in NY?  

Thanks
Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Gil, judo's are not a great choice as the hang up and catch in the thick cover, blunts, hex heads and plan old field point work best. I prefer blunts and I have killed my fair share on these hunt, got 3 a couple weeks ago!! I PM'ed ya Gil, come and have a blast!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I will be there. Just let me know what the date and time is I should arrive.

I will kick in what ever extra money for food you need.

I will bring up some stuff for the auction. I am going to start off with "In Africa" by Bob Swinehart.

Do you want me to Paypal a gift for the fee ahead of time?

I look forward to meeting you guys. I am already making my "I missed because" excuses! Ha!  

I can't wait.

Thanks
Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here we go Ed, found it! For those that weren't there, there was about 70 of us walking down a hedgerow at the beginning of the hunt, a bunny runs out of the hedgerow right through us, Jeremy was able to pin it with his foor as it ran by!

It was pretty amazing!! After a few photos it was released, neatest catch and release I have ever seen.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Izzy I will bring a couple of Harrisons for you to try.

Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Good gil,  I missed meeting you at hammonds.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I will be going later this year. I love that place. I am going to go on the Hill Hog Hunt the end of this month in Georgia.

How did you do, did you score or did Ray pen up the hogs before you got there, like he does to me?
TGMM Family of the bow.

Online ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I wish I didn't have to work...  Have fun everyone!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
Shawn, I won't be able to attend, can't get off of work. Will definately be there next year.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
I think the weather will be perfect, not like this.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Thats is Noah at 5 years old. Cant believe its been 7 years since I first attended.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
How I miss those days.

Mine are all in their late 20s. Enjoy it now Izzy, you are going to blink and they will be 30!
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
Gil I hope you make both hunts. I look forward to hearing your bunny hunt stories down in GA. I know you will definately not wanna miss the bunny hunt  :archer2:

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry Jeremy I thought it was Drew either way it was awesome!! I believe Mikey did the bandage job paper towel and electric tape. Good thing he works at a Hospital!! LOL
 Dave are you gonna make it?
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm trying to get the time off....OH YEAH!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Hope ya can get the time off from work Jamie... It just won't be the same without you being there...

Thanks for the First Aid plug Big Ed! I wanted to sew you up with my leather craft kit needle but you wouldn't have it!   :rolleyes:   I didn't have Duct Tape, so electric had to do........   :D  

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ed : My boots just don't have the majic but you can still borrow them if ya want   :bigsmyl:
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
OK folks it is coming together, we needsome more people for sure!! This used to be a huge hunt and I am surprised we are not getting more interest. I know it is short notice, but Jeff and Tyler, Jeremy, I have not heard from many of the old crew!!! We can use a few things such as plastic silverware and platter type paper plates, styrafoam cups and any drinks ya want to bring, we can always use gatorade, water, juice, whatever. Post here if ya can bring something!! We have plenty of snow and the hunting should be awesome!! If ya can make it, ya should come!! We could use some more young folks as well, the kids always make it great!! Just PM me and let me know if you are coming!! BUNNY!!!!!!!!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Ill be there with Noah and Nate. Ill bring some water.

Offline homer

• Trad Bowhunter

one of the great many warm-ups..taste of bunny heaven
Work is for people who don't know how to hunt.  People who don't know how to hunt, don't eat well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©