3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Magnus Stinger Fans!  (Read 1225 times)

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
Magnus Stinger Fans!
« on: August 22, 2007, 03:15:00 AM »
I'd like to see some pics with your kills with the stinger what your thoughts on them are. (Penetration, how quiet they are, bloodtrails, etc.) And I'd like to know what equipment you used. Or if you can't post pics just skip that part. Thanks!
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Offline jmack

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Magnus Stinger Fans!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »
The local archery shop here is run by a guy named Mike Ray. Him and a buddy of his have used the exact same Magnus Buzzcut broadhead to take about 15 animals. He now has the head retired to a display in his shop. If you go to the magnus website, look under the buzzcut line, it tells of it there... Not only do they penetrate well, but I think the main selling point is that they have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. That guy Mike does recommend the two blade for penetration.
"Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."--Galations 6:9

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
ttt
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
I have never hunted with them, but I will this season.  My practice sessions reveal their awesome flight characteristics, and they are easy to sharpen AND they stay sharp.

Zach, did you get that Bear Broadhead I sent ya?
Lon Scott

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
yes I sure did, thanks

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »
I tried shooting the stingers while tuning for my bear hunt. They fly awesome! I'm going with Snuffers for bear though might change to the 150 Stingers for deer.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
150 stingers?? I thought didn't go any heavier than 125??

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
ah yes they make a 150 Stinger only place I have seen them is 3rivers or direct from Magnus.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 05:12:00 PM »
I took both of these with a stinger 150 grain and my Adcock Longbow (50#'s at 29"). They fly great and sharpness is very good. Penetration was OK, but neither was a passthrough. Blood trails were very good:

Offline bohuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
I like my Stingers alot! Since I switched to Stingers 2 years ago I have killed 6 deer and 1 elk all with good results. I second the good flight and easy to sharpen comments. The picture is the bull I shot last year with a 4 blade 125 gr. Stinger.
To me, the ultimate challenge in bowhunting is not how far away you can succesfully make a killing shot but rather how close you can get to the animal before shooting.

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
bowhuntr - What are you going to be shooting those Stingers out of this season?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
I love Stingers.  Have shot both the 2 and 4 blade 125gr with great results.  The avatar picture was a 170 lb sow shot with a 4 blade out of a 59# Morrison Shawnee.  Went through her so fast I thought I missed.  Going after elk in 3 weeks and I'm taking my Stingers!
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline sonofabuck

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
I'm shooting the 150gr 4 blade stingers. And they are going after elk next week. Braveheart archery (trad gang sponsor) carries these. And they have the best price and shipping.
Combat Vet

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
ttt

Online Bigriver

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
My first experience with the 150 stinger was last year. They worked well, good blood trail & they are being used again next week to kill an elk. I touched them up & the look like new. I like `em.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline fredbear92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
Someone mentioned in a not so recent post that they(stingers) fell apart on them, and then others concurred, and it shyed me away, I wanted to get them But....went with the original 125 screw in instead....anyone else see this?

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
No, I've never even heard of a Stinger that "fell apart".   The Stingers from about the first year of production had softer ferrules than the current ones and would sometimes bend.  The current Stingers use T6 7075 and have for several years.  Very strong stuff.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline bmfer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
Just hold on a week or two, hopefully I'll have one by then. The season opens here on Saturday.
Bret M. FullER

Offline KILLER B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
I just bought some 125gr 4 blades.  They fly great but with the bleaders in they wistle like crazy like an old custodian or something just wistlin away.  I had to take the bleaders out and they have stopped with all their ruckus. just my 2 cents.
Sticks and stones break deer bones.
One final word -Ramalamashamjam-

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©