3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tim Meigs  (Read 182 times)

Offline Si

• Trad Bowhunter
Tim Meigs
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Does anyone know if Tim is still active. I bought one of his bows on **** and wanted to get some details about it but nobody answers his phone and I sent a letter over a month ago with no reply?

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tim Meigs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
Best I can say is to keep trying.  Tim is in his mid eighties now and I don't figure he spends a lot of time in the shop.

Enjoy your Meigs bow; it is a piece of archery history.  I wish mime was a little lighter.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
My first Hill Style bow was a Tim Meigs.  66" 66# @ 28".  Bamboo with green and white glass.  I loved that bow.  Sadly the tip got broke off.  I was 16 years old.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline chanumpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
I dont own one,but have shot a couple and seen one that he built for a friend and consider him a master bowyer.Really good bows.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Here's a Tim Meigs bow from 35 years ago. HH Big Five, 68" 85# @ 28". Tim's been around a long time and has been making bows since before most of the bowyers today were born..   :D

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Caboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Tim was at the North American Longbow Safari in Utah last July.

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
I saw Tim at the Safari last July too.  But it wasn't in Utah, it was in Stanly, Idaho.  I believe I saw you to Eldon.  LOL  Chad

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »
Tim is still around and we see, that is hear his booming laugh at most all our local shoots.  He goes to his shop and sits around or in his truck.  I talked to him at the safari but not since.  He is about 40 min away.   I have 2Duo flex longbows he made for me.
On another note he is even more deaf than I so when you get him on the phone remember that
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Si

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.I have one of his take down recurves called "THE MEAN HOMBRE". I would like to know more about it like when he made it and anything else about design etc.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©