3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 1st National Arrow Contest results w/ pics...Thank you to all who were involved  (Read 820 times)

WOW! Works of art for sure. Congrats to the winners.

Bisch

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
I loved looking at these arrows all day today! Thanks for post such great pictures of them!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Amazing work,I wouldn't know whether to shoot them or display them.congrats to all involved.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Art meets function. All are really well done.
Sam

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
Those are some beautiful arrows, well done!

Offline Caughtandhobble

• Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful  :thumbsup:

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
I was scrolling through the pics thinking, "what a shame there are no self-nocks here" and then I got to the sticks made by some joker called "the motor city machete." Wow!  Very nice!  Congrats!

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you to all of you for the kind words towards all the participants.  I am glad they entered and showed of their craftyness.  There was some serious competition.

Although I won, I have to thank 2 really good friends.  1st off, I must thank Ken Scollick.  Ken took me under his wing and showed me everything I know about arrow building (just not everything HE knows).  I have always enjoyed woodworking (make a living doing so), but never even gave arrow making a thought until I visited Ken one day while he was in his shop enjoying the relaxation that arrow building brings.  Me being me, the questions started flowing and he was more then receptive to my bombardment of questions.  

The next guy I would like to thank is another good friend, Steve Osminski (Steve O).  Steve has had more inspiration in my arrows than he can even think.   Believe it or not Steve, I actually listen when you talk, and the gears start turning when ever you do (I have to draw the line at gold leaf though...or do I???).  Wait till next year, this one is going to surprize you (me to if it works).  

Blake Fisher (Eclipse Broadheads) deserves some appreciation as well.  In my opinion, Eclipse 2 blade heads are the best on the market, and there was never a thought of using anything else.  His broadhead was icing on the cake.

What I'm trying to say is...Thank you for having patience with me and being good friends.  Like most things in life, an individual does nothing, but a great group of friends can accomplish anything.  Yes I won (even though I voted for snag), but more importantly, TEAM Motor City Machetes won this.

See you all next year in Cinncinatti.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mike-
Is it possible to get another picture of the paint on the crown of your arrows?

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Like most times, I NEVER take enough pictures.  In the pics I posted, you can see the actual color change-Black, to light Purple, Metallic Purple, Gold, Brown, to almost a Rust.  Pictures will never do that set justice.  I tried, but was outbid.  I really wanted one of those, but they are just a memory now.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Beautiful arrow art.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©