3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson Recurves  (Read 6266 times)

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson Recurves
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
Hey you guys/gals that own one how do you like them?  Looks like there are lots of options and can be really dressed up.  What lenght and weight did you get and what do you think overall?
Thanks

Offline BowsnLabs @ work

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson Recurves
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
I love mine.  I bought a 60" Vision Falcon (long riser) all Myrtlewood with Bamboo cores (standard w/Vision) and Pronghorn tips.  It is the smoothest drawing recurve I have ever shot.  Mine is 49#@28 and I'm shooting Beman MFX Classic 500's cut to 28" w/200 gr heads.  I draw about 27.5".  Quiet too.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »
Truly works of art or working art if you will. Mine shoot well, are very smooth and durable. I have 2 vision falcon recurves and 1 longbow. The longbow is scary accurate. It seems to see for me and put the arrow where I'm looking. Top quality folks .
DonD

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
I have a Vision Falcon IV that is a real rocket fire but I have to shoot a pretty heavy arrow to quiet it down and consequently it slows down. The riser is large and kind of heavy, ebony/bacote.

A peregrine that I may request is buried with me,along with my Dwyer Defiant, what more can I say?  And a Mystical that I like to get out a wrestle with.  All are very well made pieces of equipment.  Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Dale, you are just full of questions this week   :saywhat:  

I don't own one, but if I did, it would have Juniper Limb Vaneers...I think I read they are harvested on his ranch.  I don't know if that is true, but the ones I have seen have been STUNNING.

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »
I have a Vision Falcon II 58" short riser on order.  Myrtle/Cocobolo riser with Bamboo/Juniper limbs...53#@26in.

Hey Greg how about a pic of that Myrtle?

Chris

Offline BowsnLabs @ work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
Chris, here you go.  It's even prettier up close!

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
Beauty.  I think mine should be ready in March.  Anyone else with one on order know or if you just got one how long was the wait?

I'll let you know how mine does up against grizz this spring.

Offline Dalebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »
Wow that myrtlewoos is beautiful!!
Dick emailed me that the wait was about 5 months!
Not bad even if he got behind....

Offline juneaulongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Fannin Texas
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 12:25:00 PM »
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago and that's what Vicki told me...so yeah looks like sometime in March for me.

Chris

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »
I really like my Robertson Stykbow!  I have been shooting a 58" Gozhawk 65#@28" and 60#@28" for two years now.  For me it seems to be the perfect fit of grip, mass, length, beauty, speed, and quiet.  It does well with 720 gr. arrows off of a flemish twist dacron string, and lighter arrows are even better if speed and flat are priorities.  I have a short riser takedown recurve on order right now and I am anxious for its arrival.

Go ahead and get one for yourself.  If it's not the one for you it will still have been worth the detour.  The Robertsons are great to work with and have been great supporters of bowhunting.
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline joe vt

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
my robertson is an older one. non ff limbs and made before dick started serializing them. it's  the baseline that i use to compared other bows with.  mine is 62" 50# @ 28"

i would love to have a new short riser out of cocobolo and bamboo/juniper limbs

~ joe vt  >>>~~~~~~~~>

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BowsnLabs @ work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 03:28:00 PM »
I'd like to order another one and probably will eventually when I decide to buy another bow.  Just for something different, I'm thinking of a 58" short riser this time, which should shoot very similar to my 60" long riser.  I'll order the Juniper limbs as well.  I think Dick's Juniper is the nicest limb veneer I've ever seen.  

I demo'd a Peregrine with Juniper limbs and Cocobolo/Bocote riser a few months ago and when I took it out of the box, my wife said "that's the prettiest bow I've ever seen".  She'd never made an [unsolicited] comment about one of my bows before (usually just rolls her eyes)!  The picture of the same bow from the website didn't begin to do it justice either.

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »
Bows N Labs, How did you like the Peregrine?

Eric

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:00 PM »
I got a Fusion in June, took 4 months. I would suppose their production slows a little during hunting season, mine would.

Eric

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2006, 08:17:00 PM »
Wow are very good looking bows on the site. A little too many $ for my taste.
High on Archery.

Offline BowsnLabs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »
West, I liked the Peregrine.  It didn't draw as smooth as the recurves though.  But I like longbows a lot too and thought it might be a good combination of them both.  It's a nice bow and I'd like to own one with the connexion t/d system.  I was surprised at the performance - it seemed to shoot as hard as my recurve and it was only 2 lbs heavier draw.

Offline Bow n' errors

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
I'd like to reopen this thread with a question which I can't find the answer to after searching what's already available here and on the LW.

Is anyone with a 30+" draw length shooting a Robertson Vision Falcon T/D with the short riser at either 58" or 60"?  

I've been considering a test drive, but thought I'd throw it out there and see if there's anyone already doing it.  If so, is there any stacking or how do you find the the shorter Vision Falcons at the longer draw lengths?

Thanks for any input.
Curt

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
58" didn't work very well for me at 29+.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
I've owned 5 or 6 of them.  Very nice bows.  They draw smoothly, are quiet, and reasonably fast.  They can be had as fancy or as plain as you want them.  They are, however, on the high end of the high dollar market.  If you can afford it, it's one of the best bows out there, IMHO.  Paul.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©