3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson Recurves  (Read 6267 times)

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Robertson Recurves
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
I can't speak to a 30 inch draw, I have a 28.5 inch draw and a 58 inch bow and have no problem at all, as smooth as can be. I was testing it some today and it is 53@28 and is wisper quiet, I am shooting 11 grains per pound and getting about 163 fps, not a speed deamon but a very shootable bow. I think I am going to order another soon.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Diamond Paul

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
P.S.- I have a fairly long draw (29-29.5"), and I loved the 58" Vision I had, but with the short riser.  If it had been 46lbs instead of 56, I would still have it.  In fact, other than poundage, I prefered it to the long riser 62" Visions I had.  Seemed to be even quieter, and had less shock.  I would definitely get the short riser if you go that short, though.
“Sometimes the shark go away, sometimes he wouldn’t go away.” Quint, from Jaws

Offline Bow n' errors

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
Thanks very much for your input.  I'm falling for this thing and will probably go ahead and do a test drive, it's 60", 51@28 (probably about 56# at my 30" draw length).

I think I'll start a new thread for this question and try to get some additional info.
Curt

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Offline joe c.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »
Have A vision perigrine and absolutily love the bow,It has the juniper limbs with ebony riser. the bow is such A joy to shoot and too look at.
I must add its one tough bow,it can stop A mountain bike in its tracks, if accidently droped into the front spokes while riding to a hunting spot....

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »
Just call and ask Yote, he will tell ya all ya need to know. I have owned two and they are great bows, I kind of prefer the longer riser and a shorter working limb, but owned both. I think at your draw that 60"s on the short riser would be about the best ya could do, the 58"er starts to stack and pinch a bit after 29"s, not much but I agree with vermonster. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bow n' errors

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 04:21:00 PM »
Good grief, Joe. That's a painful testimony to the  hardiness of the Robertson bow. Your bow sounds like a beauty.  Thanks for sharing.
Curt

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©