3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?  (Read 730 times)

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?
« on: February 14, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
I was just out plowing snow and wind is blowing pretty good.  When I turned off the 4 wheeler I could hear the wind blowing through the neighbors pines.  Whenever I hear that it brings me back to a bowl in Bighorn mountains of Wyoming.  Shot at the the biggest Muley I've ever see there, but its a place I can go with utter silence except for the wind through the pines and smell the sap.  Anyone else have a place like this to go in their mind during these long days of winter?

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Oglala National Grasslands in Nebraska goat and Mulie hunting.  It is so quiet and empty but the view at night is amazing.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline Darrell-M

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Nigel01 I live at the base of those beautiful Bighorn Mountains which you speak of and without reservation I can agree with you whole heartedly. I will never leave this place and every spring her black bears call to me and Septembers autumn air draws me into her elky places. It is heaven!

Offline rice

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
At the place I hunt I have a spot I call the Cathedral. I don't know what its is exactly, but when the sun breaks over the eastern horizon, and floods through the tree trunks, it seems to bend the light when the light hits the trees just right. It makes me feel like I am in a church with stained glass windows. When I hunt on Sunday mornings I will usually head to this spot. hard to explain how it looks, but it always makes me bow my head. I always get a very peaceful feeling and everything is right with the world. Lasts about 15 minutes, then the woods return to their normal light.

Chris Rice
We do not stop playing because we are old. We grow old because we stop playing.

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:19:00 PM »
Love that description Rice.  Seems like a great place to hunt.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Most peaceful/serene place you hunt, yeah sure, in New Jersey ?   :dunno:  all I could do is wish.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 05:45:00 PM »
There are a few places in the Adirondack Mountains in NY that are my favorites.  Danny's watch.  The finger. The Marble.  Stone Watch.  Hopefully  Cedar River this fall where I have camped with my family before I was a teenager. Pretty much any where up there... Ahhh, I can't wait for October  :)
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 06:18:00 PM »
There is a stand on my small place that ovelooks a creek bottom in a hardwood forest. Especially in fall, when the leaves are turning and the woods get that special fragrance of autumn, I find it my favorite palce to be . It is beautiful, and I see quite a number of deer there. It is very peaceful there. The only detraction is that I still can hear highway sounds from there, but that is unavoidable on my place.
Sam

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
It was a place that I called "The Farm" in the piedmont of  NC....was, because the owners kids just had it clear cut.....killed seven bucks out of the same tree,at the same creek crossing....seven in seven years........I just kind'a teared up because it is now gone......well, at least I got memories.....
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
There is a ridge in Bath Co., VA on National Forest.  The name of the mountain is Little Piney.  A buddy and I have nicknamed the area "White Oak Flats".
There is no sound from vehicle traffic.  No airports close.  No parks or public gathering areas within earshot.  It is one of my favorite places to watch the world come to life on a frosty morning.
Ken
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 06:33:00 PM »
A fair distance into a Cedar swamp near the headwaters of the White River here in Mich.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
I think the most beautiful place I have hunted is around Fair Field Bay Arkansas. Large rock bluffs, can see for miles up the little Red River when you are on the top side. Caves and rock overhangs. Hard to go anywhere without finding Arrowheads, if your looking anyway. I grew up in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana, so I have seen some pretty incredible places, but for me nothing touches North Central Arkansas. When i am on those bluffs, I always feel like I have some ancient brothers there with me.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:00 PM »
I have several, but there is a mountain range in central Wyoming that is wild and rugged; not even all that 'pretty', but has a quality of wildness about it that is about as close to pristine as anyplace in the lower 48. When I am fortunate enough to roam that place, I feel like no one else has ever set foot there.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 08:42:00 PM »
Where Lost creek meets the County line Brook 4 miles into the Siamese Wilderness Area in the Adirondack Mt.s of New York. Sat there one day and had lunch at 15 degrees below zero, just amazing!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
The Indian Mounds on the Mobile Tennsaw River Delta, in Baldwin Co. Alabama.  I can go there and feel at one with the "Old Ones" that lived there in the past.  If you are real still you can hear the wind and wonder if its them comming back.
The next place is central to my Bowhunting on the
Tombigbee River, Alabama.  There are a few places to go and smell the river and the swamp, feel the peace.
I always feel better when I'm there.  Anywhere in the woods works for me.
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Cavalry Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Ocmulgee river bottoms of south Ga.  Water oaks as big as cars, black water sloughs, snakes and palmetto flats. So quite and peaceful, I sleep as much as I hunt sometimes.
"Lifes tough, Its tougher if your Stupid!"

Offline John146

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Went camping alone in the Wieminuche Wilderness quite a few years back. It was the most breathtaking place I have ever seen. Prettier than Alaska. I saw one person in 4 days. Caught brook trout, had 2 Shiras Moose come drink in the same pool I was fishing in, saw mule deer, elk and bighorn sheep. Man that place was made by God Almighty!!
Todd Trahan
All of Creation Gives God Glory!

Offline David Yukon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:00 PM »
Any where around here...Yukon!!

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:00 PM »
It's on a little piece of ground overlooking the elkhorn river here in Nebraska.  Cottonwood trees mixed with honey locust. It is an absolute  breathtaking experience to watch the sunset here! Great post
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©