3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?  (Read 731 times)

Offline Brently

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
I am not going to tell where my favorite place is because if I do someone else will go there too.

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
I would say along the edge of the Edisto river in the river bottoms and in the small areas between the swamp and fields. Nothing like sitting in those woods and watching the day break as a gobbler breaks the silence. I took many a naps under those cypress and oaks mid morning! Bamberg,Colston,Branchville,Ehrhardt and Hampton area love it.
USMC 82-86

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 10:05:00 PM »
Bald Twins Hill, Ft. Sill OK. Granted, the sound of 155m arty in the distance has become normal to me.
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
There's no place like Home, There's no place like Home. Kansas the land of AH"S

Just some property within walking distance of the house. Been going there for 40 plus yrs.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 10:32:00 PM »
Down amoungst the water oak and cypress trees, river canes and palmettos, where the creek makes a big double bend, watching the wood ducks swim back and forth as I hunt.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline bradglaza

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »
My family has a bit of land in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a few miles from Munuscong Lake. Most of it is forested with cedar and pine, and there's a small ridge that runs along it that overlooks a hay field. I could sit on that ridge and watch the sun set every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. It's also ideal for hunting--white tail tend to break from the forest and follow the ridge line below me. Set up behind a bush, and you have a natural blind.
Hummingbird Kingfisher 20th Anniversary Longbow
Hummingbird Bowie Longbow
Timberhawk Falcon Longbow
Brooks Hunter Recurve
Black Widow PSR

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
Schell mountain range in Nevada.  Deer, elk, lions and nobody near the top.  All else are in the lowlands.  From the top you can see horizons  miles away, you feel like jets overhead could be touched, the air has never touched another human nostril and ears can relax as there is nothing necessary to hear. The ancient ones guide us via spirit up there.you oughta try it!
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline petalumapete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 03:30:00 AM »
For me it's the old Georga Pacific Lumber property between  Fort Bragg and Willits  on the Calif. North Coast.
Beautiful country filled with redwoods and ferns. I can roam for days and not hear anything but nature. At one time it was unusual to see anyone in there. Now a days you have to be careful of the Mexican Cartels growing marajuana. Those crazy buggers will even shoot at the land owners
Big Foot Sasquatch Recurve
64" 57#@ 27.5
Big Foot Flat Liner Long Bow
64" 49#@

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 03:53:00 AM »
Thanks to all for sharing their special places.  I have another place closer to home here in Minnesota, my mom and dads little hunting property.  I sat a stand overlooking a willow swamp one morning this past November.  Gun season was over and I guess I just wanted to see if anything was still alive.  I didn't even have a bow with me cause I'd punched my tag earlier in the season.  The first thing I like to do after buckling in, is lean my head back against the tree and stare up through the branches at the stars and the moon.  The stand faces the east and the sun rise was amazing, I couldn't help but to raise my arms to the sky and thank God for this place and moment in time.  I ended up seeing a nice eight point poking around for a doe and a decent year and half old buck harassing a couple of fawns around my stand.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
marylands eastern shore

Offline longbowray

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 06:41:00 AM »

I like that 2 hours away from Mesa you can be in the
Woods . Or out the back door you have this .

BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Offline DamselflyFarm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
I've a spot in NW Maine where I hunt and flyfish that is just about as perfect as it can be. I camp on a steam that holds good brook trout, and if you follow it down far enough, it empties into one of my favorite fly fisihing rivers. There are deer, moose, bear, partridge, hare out there, too, and all the times I've been there, day trips or overnighters, I've never seen another person there, except for the times my hunting and fly fishing buddy comes with me. I dream of this spot in the off-season and so look forward to getting back.

Jeff
Take care,
Jeff

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 08:46:00 AM »
Wow, great thought you had while plowing snow Chris... I've enjoyed the thoughtful wanderings :)
I like this one!
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Offline Canadabowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »

Short walk from my backyard.So quiet you can hear a shrew scrabbling in the duff.
"non illegitimus carborundum est"

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Love the Medicine Bow Nat Forest in Wyoming.

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
All great places! I for me there's a couple of places the family cabin in Pennsylvania where I can walk out a few hundred yards on a cool spring morning and perch myself up on the big boulders where I listen for turkeys and take in the woods waking up. The second is a price of public hunting ground in the smoky hills of Kansas I always make it a point to climb to the top of the bluffs and watch the shadows of the clouds rolling across the hills
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
I have a favorite stand in an unremarkable place. It is 17' up a cedar tree in a fenceline separating a woodlot from small old fields interspersed with smaller woodlots. I can practically walk to this spot, about 700 yards from where I park my truck in my sleep.

In one direction, pictured below I can see a very long ways.

Offline Steiger3208

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
My 5 acre woods. With a 15 min. Walk I can get away from everything and know I will not run into anyone else.  Farm and woods have been in the family for over a 100 yrs.  Never thought a person could have so many great hunting memories on 5 acres.    :)

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
When I'm at camp it's right outside the door, when I'm home I have to drive 5 or 10 minutes. Woods are every where.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »
There is a beaver pond down in the bottom on the left that can't be seen until you are near it. I love that patch of woods and feel at home there. It may not look too spectacular, but I have some fond memories in that place. One night coyotes were howling on all the ridges around me as dark set in. Cool and eerie feeling all the same... Never saw a deer that day, but it was cold, snowy and quiet. I was all alone and it was fun to see the coyote tracks crossing my path in the deep snow as I walked back out that night.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©