3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Most peaceful/serene place you hunt?
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2013, 05:48:00 AM »
Yep..Yosemite Valley 1972...I visit it everyday.
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"
Darton Trailmaster Recurve 35#@28"

Offline Ibow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
Way back in the Luther Swamp near our cabin, especially in the evening. It's a typical northern MI cedar swamp - beautiful. Especially nice knowing that quite often when I do get back, the cabin will be warm and my wife and grandkids will be there to ask, "Did you catch anything Papa?"     :)    

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:00 PM »
We own 250 acres in a beautiful rural setting in Pictou Co., Nova Scotia. Our old farm house is in the inside corner of a long series of fields belonging to us and our neighbours. Top of the hill is a large dairy farm.
Deer are right in the yard, but off limits. I hunt our land only as all the opportunities I need are here. Ours is a working woodlot, so I spend a lot of days on our land and most places have some sort of "hold" on me.
Several Doe groups live here and we have good genetics and nutrition for nice big bucks.
The Fall is pretty magical here.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Del Savio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 07:18:00 PM »
I realy enjoyed the responses here. Believe it or not I have such a place on a family farm located in a mountainous area less than three hours from NYC.  Surrounded by  State
Forest lands it does recieve hunting presure during deer rifle season but otherwise hours can go by without hearing a vehicle, a dog barking or a chain saw. For over 60 years I have been fortunate to spend my happiest early mornings,bow in hand watching the sun rise on those rugged, unspoiled moutains.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©