3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you store your broadheads?  (Read 342 times)

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
How do you store your broadheads?
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:51:00 PM »
Looking for ideas to store my broadheads. How do you do it?  Pics would be great!
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you store your broadheads?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
I store mine in a block of ethefoam. Works good. Does not dull the quickly. Though after time they do need touch up after long periods of time as do heads stored in any medium.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Glued to the end of my hunting arrows.  No pictures but you can kind of imagine it.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline buck50

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
I shoot fixed blade w/insert. Light coat of petroleum jelly applied to edge with Q-tip, affixed to my arrows, in plastic arrow holders, in an arrow box, under my bench on top of the desk. No dust-No rust. Simple as that.

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
Glued to the end of my hunting arrows.  No pictures but you can kind of imagine it.
Should have specified ones that aren't on the end of my arrows I guess.
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
I dropped my heads off to a guy that sharpens knives.  When I picked them up he had 2 wine bottle corks with three heads stuck into each.  Works great in the Tupperware container I took them in.  The heads are separated and don't touch anything but the very end of the point stuck in the cork.

Offline Kingsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
I tried to store one in my foot....didn't work out so well for my foot.    :banghead:  

Kingsnake

Online TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 11:17:00 PM »
Very similar to FERRETWYO.   I cut a 6x12x4" thick piece of ethafoam and slip my heads into it.   After the initial cut the heads are very secure and don't dull.   I label the foam for different types and wieghts.
"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »
I wrap them in a layer of tissue and put them in old pill bottles.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by buck50: I shoot fixed blade w/insert. Light coat of petroleum jelly applied to edge with Q-tip, affixed to my arrows, in plastic arrow holders, in an arrow box, under my bench on top of the desk. No dust-No rust. Simple as that.
[/b]

2X on this procedure....   :thumbsup:

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »
http://www.3riversarchery.com/MTM+Magnum+Broadhead+Tackle+Box_i5032_baseitem.html

Once sharp, I coat the edges with a sharpie marker to prevent rust, and store in the foam. I can put lots of Sharks in this box.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
I have one of those plastic drawer cabinets sold at Walmart. I put soft foam in the drawer bottom and spread broadheads out on it.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
I had an old 2 wine bottle gift box made of wood. Line the bottom with a 1 - 1.5 inch piece of foam a hoarded from a computer box. I can store about 24 plus. Can't post pics.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline Sockrsblur

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Lake Placid Ironman Triathlete 2011, 2012, 2018
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

I have been saving the orininal packaging. Before hunting I coat with petroleum jelly. I really like the idea bowwild said of a clear plastic drawer with heads laying on foam but I like to shoot 2 blades... maybe even making layers of heads,foam,heads,etc. you could write head info on side. could use cardboard or thin venere type wood to assist in lifting out different layers out. The plastic containers come in all different sizes and shapes... so i think I just talked myself into a new winter project! Thanks guys. lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
Cigar box's work great with foam in the bottom!
 If you don't smoke(I don't myself) and you have a cigar shop nearby just stop in and ask them if they will let you have a few empty cigar box's to use and they just may give you a dozen...I have quite a few a tentant where I work gave me and I store broadheads,nocks,points and just about something in all of them...Most of the box's are made from rosewood or something and has no smoke smell ...The box's could hold about a dozen heads if you line the box with foam...

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 12:05:00 PM »
A shoe box size plastic tote with a chunk of foam in the bottom.

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
On my arrows or stuck in foam. I also have a bunch scattered around my tackle box that I need to organize...
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
You guys are waaaaaay more organized that me.  I have them stored in drawers in my indoor work room. I resharpen them before every hunt anyway so it I suppose it doesnt really matter where or how I store them.

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2013, 02:40:00 PM »
I had an old 2 wine bottle gift box made of wood. Line the bottom with a 1 - 1.5 inch piece of foam a hoarded from a computer box. I can store about 24 plus. Can't post pics.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
I just have a small drawer in my archery cabinet that I throw the loose ones in. The rest are glued on arrows and stored in a travel box or a bucket. I sharpen them when I'm ready to hunt.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©