3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How do you store your broadheads?  (Read 343 times)

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How do you store your broadheads?
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2013, 08:25:00 PM »
I have some leather head covers I got from Big Jim and some plastic covers from Bear. I put the covers on the heads and leasve them in whichever hunting quiver is assigned for that particular set of arrows ( a separate quiver for each spine weight of hunting arrows I have). I alwyas sharpen them before hunting, so I don't coat the cutting edge with anything.
Sam

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2013, 08:36:00 PM »
I leave mine on my hunting arrows and store them in my Arrow Mate elite side quiver. Same quiver I use to hunt as I go hog hunting quite a bit in southern Arkansas during the summer. I figure why take them out. If you have enough arrows just leave your hunting one in a safe place and carry your others to 3D shoots and what not in another quiver.
James Kerr

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 08:39:00 PM »
Keep them right on my hunting arrows, then seated in my arrow rack. Spare broadheads are kept in small plastic containers.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 09:03:00 PM »
in a box with a bunch of over b-heads under the seat of my truck.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 09:05:00 PM »
naahh..

I put some petro jelly on em and keep em in a box on a shelf.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©