3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quick wander  (Read 136 times)

Offline flyne

• Trad Bowhunter
Quick wander
« on: February 17, 2013, 06:23:00 PM »
On Wednesday I got the call from a mate Steve to c if I wanted to go look for a bunny or 2 in the arvo when he knocked off I said what the hell and before I knew it I was hoping out of the ute at the first spot after strolling around looking for any rabbits sitting in the shade I finally spotted one sitting out in the open about 45m out well I drew and as I did he started to run so I took a pot shot and some how fluked I chest shot on the run at about 60m only to wach him and my arrow disappear down a hole ( the shovels already in the ute for next trip )so off to the next spot we go to see if we can trick a fox but no luck was had with the only kill being a bee that decided to sting me on the back of my head wich almost put a stop to the hunt as I couldn't even focus enough to work out what sort of snake was crawling acros my boot or see the 2 foxes playing about 20m infront of me but about 1 hour later the pain subsided and I shot a nice fat bunny for the pot. and Steve got a fox that looked like some one had cut its acilies tendons on both its back legs and David his son got a bunny at the last spot we tried I managed to get the skinniest cat iv ever seen it was walking broad side at 35m and the new Simmons tree shark did a awesome Job and it was down in no time and the hole it left was huge I can't wait to try these heads on some goats or a deer and to top off the day both Steve and David shoot training wheels and I must say I love the feeling of getting more then the compounders.
I can't load pics hear but they can be seen at  http://www.ozbow.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13532
Cheers jim
If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.         (Fred Bear)

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quick wander
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

Here you go sir!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline flyne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:19:00 PM »
Thanks for that Randy
If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.         (Fred Bear)

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
Wow! Is that bow connected to your prosthesis somehow...too cool   :thumbsup:    :clapper:

Great shooting
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:22:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Good shooting.
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline flyne

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Over&Under:
Wow! Is that bow connected to your prosthesis somehow...too cool    :thumbsup:      :clapper:  

Great shooting
Yer it has a ubolt covered in fuel line welded to a bolt that screws into my prosthetic and then I just use electrical tape to stop the bow from jumping out of it
Thanks jim

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©