3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Safari Tuff Duiker users!!!  (Read 229 times)

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
Safari Tuff Duiker users!!!
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm seriously considering one of these quivers but I have a couple concerns, One, If I have 6 arrows in the quiver with matching fletching but different heads(i.e. judos, broadheads or blunts) can I see what I'm gonna pull out with a quick glance or am  I gonna have to shuffle them around til I find what I'm lookin for. Two, would this be a quiver you would use on a multi day backpack/backcountry type hunt? Hopefully these questions made sense! I've got a $30 gift card from 3rivers burnin a hole in my pocket!!!  :bigsmyl:  Thanks for the help!

Steve

Offline daveycrockett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Safari Tuff Duiker users!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Made perfect sense. I too have wondered the same thing.

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:34:00 PM »
I don't have the Duiker but the Arrowmaster but the act of getting an arrow out is the same. First of all you will not be able to see the fletching when you pull your arrow but you can swing it forward and look into the bottom to differentiate between a broadhead and a blunt to pull them out. If it were me I'd load one type in the back and the other type in the front and push them into the foam so they stay put and you wouldn't need to even look at the heads. I'd prefer more arrows on a multiday hunt but perhaps supplemented with a bow quiver that could be removed in camp and reload the Duiker if needed.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline stykbow67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
So if a guy had a multi-day pack(i.e. BG Lemhi, MR longbow, Eber. x2)carrying one of these quivers wouldn't be an issue either???? Thanks for the info so far!!

Steve

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
I have both the Duiker and the larger ArrowMaster. For a longer trip, I would choose the ArrowMaster, especially if you were planning to carry arrows with various heads. The Duiker is a great little side quiver and will serve you very well for a normal day's hunt. I agree that you can look down inside the quiver through the side hole and see what head is on the arrow that you want to select. I also agree that it is best to position the arrows where you can find the one you want easier. That is harder when the head is not a broadhead, because only the broadheads will be firmly held in place in the foam and the others will try to move around. I like both the SafariTuff side quivers and the lighter bow quivers (EFA and Kanati are my favorites), so I would probably choose to put some arrows in a bow quiver and carry the others in a side quiver for a multi-day hunt. That way I could quickly and easily see exactly which head I was getting out of the bow quiver, and I could have the side quiver handy with extras. The bow quivers will hold the various heads in place because of the grippers on the lower part of the shaft that keep the heads shoved up into the foam in the top cover. Other options for a side quiver are the Asbell GFA quiver and the Farr West Absorkee quiver. All of these are good quivers and may give you some additional options to accomplish what you are trying to achieve. I do think the Duiker is a great little quiver if you decide you don't need the extra arrow capacity or the attached pockets of the ArrowMaster. Rod Jenkins is a wonderful person, and the products he has designed are outstanding.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Gil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:42:00 AM »
Maybe you could put some colored tape of paint your arrows differently where they are visible in the quiver,that is the part where you grab the arrows.One quick glance while holding an arrow and you can quickly identify it with tha color code you choose to make.
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures.Right next to the mashed potatoes.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind."

COMPTON TRADITIONAL BOWHUNTERS

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 07:15:00 AM »
I had an Arrowmaster and have since sold it in order to downsize to the Duiker.  Only problem I had with the AM, is that if the pocket was full, the quiver felt like it wanted to flip over.

I hardly used the pocket on mine, but love the fact that I can see my arrows and carry a puffer bottle in the bottom between the bh's.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©