3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ohio DIY help  (Read 273 times)

Offline tuscarawasbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ohio DIY help
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by leatherneck:
I will comment on your original question. Certain areas in Egypt Valley are more productive than others.
Agree with that 100%.

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
Get to Ohio quick before they ruin it by going the way of Michigan and putting guns in the woods in October. It's a cryin shame and it makes zero sense to me October and November are for bows leave the gun at home till December. IMO.

Back to the original topic... Ohio is loaded with plenty of public land opportunities I myself hunt Ohio most of the time being as I live a hop skip and a jump over the line, most people will say go to the Wayne which is great and you can get away from crowds, go on te odnr website and you will find all kinds of little areas that can hold some great hunting I myself just found a new spot I didn't know existed by calling the district office and they sent me a list of landowners that allow hunting just have to ask for the permission slip get it signed and you are in luck there are also some other out of the way areas known as WAP they are not advertised to my knowledge and dot look like much but some small trees and crp, but in my experience that can hold some of the best opportunities. Best of luck to you on your search PM me if you have any questions I'd be more than happy to help
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline arrowbuster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 07:59:00 AM »
Guys, I would not be to discouraged about the early blackpowder season. The first 2 weeks of November is the time you want to be in the woods for the best odds of getting your buck. I promise you the pressure that the blackpowder guys put on them 3 weeks before will have been forgotten by rutting bucks. The great thing about Ohio is there modern gun season happens when the rut is ending.You can bowhunt the entire rut without the guns booming. I live and hunt mainly in Ky and our modern firearms season happens when the rut is going strong. Trust me Ohio is a great place to be a bowhunter.
AH ACS CX 60" 53@28
PITTSLEY PREDATOR 60" 56@28
CASCADE BRUSH HAWK 56" 49@28

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Something else that most people do not consider. ODNR gives out crop damage permits to a lot of landowners. Contact them to get a list of the area you want to hunt. By law they have to let hunters on their land or they will lose those permits. Just a little inside scoop.
Haven't looked into this in a while but this is the way it used to be. Call ODNR for more info.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
Stixbowdrew and leatherneck thanks for the tips those both sound like interesting ways to go that I never would have known about! Thanks again for all the help guys!
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
I will add one more tip.  There are many small public lands that are not listed on the DNR website.  I hunt 3 areas in Stark County that are bowhunting only that are not on the DNR website.  Many of the counties around Ohio allow hunting on the ground that they own, call the counties extension office or the park boards and find out if hunting is allowed.  I also have permision to hunt land owned by a local college that i received by asking, I have never seen any one else hunt this land even though it is located within 1 hour of Cleveland.  

I do not think you need to worry about the muzzeloader season, 2 days will not ruin hunting for this state.

Offline avery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 04:00:00 PM »
Theres some big bucks in ohio power and wayne nat

Offline TRADSTYK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:00 PM »
Guys, don't give up hope yet. Not sure it has passed yet and if it does it may be like the youth season which has no effect on movement.I myself hope it fails but we will see. Thank God for private land!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©