3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stool  (Read 946 times)

Offline bendbig

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stool
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, I have a seat my dad and myself made like the tree seat but where I am going I think a free standing seat will work better. I had looked at the bull stool from cabelas but they are out of stock for 2-3 weeks and I will need before then, didn't know 3 rivers had em. Thanks again.
          Glenn
Glenn
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me, Gen 27:3

Offline Mr. Vegas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
Leland, niftyseat.com. This will be my third season with one, love it!

Offline UK Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
I just got one from Campmor, It has shock-corded legs that fold up. Also it is in camo, I think that i payed around $10

Offline BlackpowderJim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/jethro224/HPIM0180.jpg

Pretty much the only way I hunt anymore is with a stool. I have these 3. Always use 1 or another depending on the circumstances.

The small tripod stool is from Wally World at @ $5.

My favorite is the one in the middle with my quiver strapped to it and leaning against the big one. Basically the same as the small one but with a back rest. Gander Mountain @ $15.

The big one is more like a chair. Great for a short hike to a long sit. Also Gander Mountain. Sorry, forgot the price.

Each stool has a shoulder strap and a velcro strap around the top to keep it folded. I use a detachable bow quiver and strap it to the stool using the velcro strap and carry the whole works like a back quiver. Fletch down. Can't hide velcro noise is the only problem. Well, they will sink a bit in soft ground...

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »
No contest....

Nothing better than the Niff-T-Seat.  The most versatile, portable, adjustable and carryable seat I've ever owned.  Also one of the few things I bought sight unseen that exceeded my expectations for quality of construction.  Not cheap and not as comfortable as a full size chair but for it's intended use, it's the best there is.

Oh, in case you couldn't tell, I REALLY like mine....  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 01:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by John Scifres:
The tripod stools will sink into the ground.  
Most will. But a buddy of mine and I found tripod pack stools at Gander Mountain last year that have a webbing at the bottom so they won't sink more than a couple inches into the ground. They collapse in half too so you can fit them into a pack easily.

I did a Google search and found them for sale direct from the manufacturer for about $25.

http://www.gcioutdoor.com/products_packseat.htm  

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
I've been happy with my Double Bull folding blind seat. Plenty of support, has a back which is nice, light weight and folds into a small package easy to carry, quiet and about $30,00.  :thumbsup:

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
The niff T seat works well for me. I can hardly tell I am carrying it and you can even sit on hill sides. I find I do have to have a tree to lean against for long periods of time.

Offline Leland

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
Thank-You Mr. Vegas   Leland

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
I agree with onemississippi, I made and used Mr. Torges stool for about 3 years, and works great, light, can put a hinge on it to fold into a back pack, but I find just using the rope as a sling works great.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
I had a Nif-T-Seat but as I got older with more back problems I needed more back support.

My next seat was a double bull type tripod. This is the one I carry the most. It has big, round feet and doesn't sink into the ground.

I made a Torges seat, works well but I have a creak in mine and and think it is coming from the rope. I have another rope but haven't changed the old one out yet.

For very long sits I carry a Summit tree seat. Very awkward to carry through the woods, heavy, but like sitting in a Lazy Boy once you get it on a tree.

Offline Problem Child

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
I can't find a link for the one I have but here's a similar one.
 https://www.jesseshunting.com/osCommerce/product_info.php/cPath/37_102/products_id/948?osCsid=6b6f7b8906cd2f2f9d74122068643bf6
The one I have is actually for Turkey hunting and was purchased a Wallyworld for about $10. I add a self-inflating seat for comfort. I have taken a "nap" before while using this setup.  "[dntthnk]"
"Right Wing Extremists"....has a nice ring to it don't it?

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
Nif-T seat.
May not have it spelled right.
I use the Torges tree seat when around trees, but hunt a lot where there isn't a tree convenient to where I want to be.
Last year, they had a Katrina sale going on and I got one for me and a son.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline Recurve50LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
Ok I'm a bit diffrent but it don't bother me. For the past several seasons, I've been using a 6 gallon plastic bucket that I get from work. The 6 gallon is the ideal seat height for me to shoot my bow off of while sitting. The 5 gallon buckets are a bit too short. I spray paint the buckets using several diferent color flat primers,ie, brown, black, grey. The other day I cut some small branches and snipped some leaves and used them to paint foliage patterns on the buckets.
I also utilise the tops so that I can carry some stuff inside the buckets like pruning saw and ratchet cutters, field dressing kit, deer calls, spare sweatshirt, shooting gloves, extra face masks,etc, etc.
These buckets are pretty cheap if you buy them. I have several that I leave in the woods inside some of my ground blinds during the hunting season. It's like having multilpe tree stands in place all season. Just dont leave anything in them that you might not want stolen if they are found by other hunters or anti's.
Turkey Creek Longbow
62" 45# @ 28"

Thunder Stick Mag
56" 45# @ 28"

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Question for you tripod seat users:
I have a double bull blind seat. I like it a lot, because it's light, sturdy enough and has the backrest.
BUT the goofy thing REALLY pinches my, ur, uh scrotum.
Doesn't the same thing happen to you?
An hour in it is like a session with the Grand Inquisitor.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
Originally posted by onemississipp:
Try this one....

Thinking of making one myself.

http://www.bowyersedge.com/treeseat.html  
Yep they work well... a lil toying and figuring... but gets strapped to my pack... when I bother with a pack...especially those earlier season evening hunts that only last an hour or so...   :knothead:
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline Allan Hundeby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
For those of you that use the Nif-T-Seat:

Does it work well when no trees are around?  I can't count on having trees around in the area I hunt.
Bow:
62" Bob Lee TD Hunter Recurve: 51# @ 28", Braceheight: 7 3/4"

Bowstring:
Chad Weaver 58.5'' 10-strand DF97 (padded loops); 0.19 HALO serving; rubber silencers & brush buttons

Offline Legolas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2007, 10:28:00 AM »
Watch out for legs that sink into the ground! I tried a three legged  one and it is useless in soft soil.

I did however make a "whitetail seat" from bowyersedge.com that is the berries.  :goldtooth:   Please take a look at Dean Torges design. It costs little to make and I really like shooting my bow from it.

Paul
Things seem to turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you are probably right-Henry Ford

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Allan. You dont have to have a tree. Just anything to lean against. I also heard tell of using a rope to tie it to something for support. You just dont want to be holding your self up straight for more than an hour or two. It gets tireing for me. There is no good answer. I use the tripod ones too but the legs like to sink in the ground and if its not perfectly flat I have problems with them.

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
Also if anyone gets a Nif t seat.  Keep an eye on your belt loop carry strap. I have lost 2 of them from forgeting about it and pulling my belt off when I get in my truck and having it fall to the ground.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©