3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Boywers with trade in/payment plans  (Read 594 times)

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
Boywers with trade in/payment plans
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:15:00 PM »
I remember from several years ago one the bowyers here offered a trade in and payment plan. I have found the post that I was looking for and I have contacted that bowyer to see if it was still an option, but is there anybody that you know off currently doing something like that? It seems like it is easier for me to do monthly payments rather then a large lump sum. I know there is some risk involved, but I thought that I would check.

Thank you,
Chester
Ask me about CTO.

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Boywers with trade in/payment plans
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
I don't mind doing that as long as the bow is paid for before delivery. Its kind of hard to repo a bow that is clear across the USA or in Canada. When I have half down I will start the bow. As to trades , That depends on what the trade is. I love to trade , kind of in the blood , but it has to be something I like and fair for a fair and real instant sell kind of value.  

God bless you all, Steve

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
Thanks that is kind of what I was assuming.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline Sirius Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:52:00 PM »
RER will take trade-ins, but only on their own bows (RER for a RER).
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association - Life Member

Offline Rusty Izatt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:00 PM »
Robertson Stykbows has a payment plan if you have a credit card.

Rusty

Offline S.C. Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Rusty Izatt:
Robertson Stykbows has a payment plan if you have a credit card.

Rusty
This^^^ I just bought a bow and saw this on their website.
USMC 82-86

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
Many bowers have quite a long wait and only ask for $100 or so to get on the list.

So you might have 10 months to save for a bow while it's being built.

Kind of a built in payment plan really.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 08:49:00 PM »
If I can't put the money away to save for one. How am I going to make payments. That's how I buy my bows, unless I sell something.

Offline jax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Why don't you just decide what you want to lay and then save that amount each month unti  the bow is paid for?

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
I've done payments several times for guys.  It all seems to work out in the long run.

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »
Thanks for the responses.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline barebow17

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 05:59:00 AM »
Jim at BlackCreek

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 06:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by jax:
Why don't you just decide what you want to lay and then save that amount each month unti  the bow is paid for?
Ha ha, that's easier said than done.

At my house, if I save up for anything, it always ends up going for something else that's needed more than a bow!(auto repairs, water heaters, trips to the vet, etc.) I suspect that happens to most people that want to make payments for something instead of just saving up for it or there would be no need for credit for anything!   :banghead:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:00 AM »
Originally posted by ishoot4thrills:

Originally posted by jax:
Ha ha, that's easier said than done.

At my house, if I save up for anything, it always ends up going for something else that's needed more than a bow!(auto repairs, water heaters, trips to the vet, etc.) I suspect that happens to most people that want to make payments for something instead of just saving up for it or there would be no need for credit for anything!    :banghead:  [/b]
Thanks said it better then I would have said it. Why does it matter why I was asking, I just was and even before I asked I pretty much knew the answer, it is generally to much work for the bowyer to collect the promised money.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline Chester Thompson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by barebow17:
Jim at BlackCreek
He was the one that I remember offering the deal, and he's e-mail reply was not any more, to much work to get payments.
Ask me about CTO.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 08:39:00 AM »
Like stated, most bowyers have a bit of a waiting list so once you make the downpayment to get on the list, just send some on a monthly basis while waiting for the bow to get started, that way it is paid for by the time it is built. I have done that a few times, Blacktail, Schafer to name a couple.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by Danny Rowan:
Like stated, most bowyers have a bit of a waiting list so once you make the downpayment to get on the list, just send some on a monthly basis while waiting for the bow to get started, that way it is paid for by the time it is built. I have done that a few times, Blacktail, Schafer to name a couple.
Done that myself, just got a Big Jim I did in 3 payments.

Online Chuck Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 10:09:00 AM »
The first bow I purchased was a 35# blue fiberglass model with a right and left shelf. I was 10 years old, and saved money from my paper route, yard mowing, bottle returns, and found golf ball sales. When I finally got enough money to buy the bow; it was more satisfying than any bow purchase since. I still have that bow, almost 50 years later.

I keep a separate passbook savings account and put any "extra" money that comes along into it. Actually having the money when it comes time to buy something makes me even more careful that I get a good deal, and buy the best.

Offline German Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:00 PM »
Most people get paid every 2 weeks. Get an envelope and write "Bow / hunting stuff" on it. Every paycheck pull $30 cash and put it in envelope and  make a mark on the evelope for each payckeck you add the $30. At the end of the year you'll have enough to buy almost any custom bow.

I know everyone has different responsibilities and different income but that is about the easiest way to save.  If it came down to being short on cash and you absolutly had to pull money out of it you'd really think hard about it knowing you are taking it directly from your bow account and that it will just set you back farther.  We not only do envelop system for our "toys" but also do it for non every month stuff like horse hay, gifts, camping/vacation trips, propane for winter heat, and so on.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Danny Rowan:
X2,  I most generally use the bowers wait time as my payment plan.  I give him a down payment and then divide the balance up by the number of months the wait is estimated to be and then just send him payments.  Works great for me on bows with long wait times,  that's why I don't mind ordering a bow from a reputable bowyer with a long wait time.  I have several bows on the rack I can use while I wait, so I never get into the whole "gotta have now" thing.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©