3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New TBM with Bart article Part 2  (Read 651 times)

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
New TBM with Bart article Part 2
« on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:00 PM »
I just got my newest TBM magazine and want to publicly thank Mike Mitten for the job he did with the two part profile of Bart Schleyer. It brought tears to my eyes. Bart would be so proud, especially with the concern for his son. If these two articles don't make people realize how special Bart was, nothing ever will. Bart would be shy about all this, especially his accomplishments, skills and abilities but it certainly is a true honor for Mike to share Bart with others. Paul Schafer is smiling as well. If you guys knew how long Mike's original draft was vs. what they printed in TBM, you would flip! We also have dozens of unpublished hero pix and a lot of footage that needs to be put on our Brothers of the Bow website. Give us time. It will happen. Do yourself a favor. Read the articles and then send a small donation to Bart's son. Thanks.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New TBM with Bart article Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
I liked the articles you and Mike both did. In the TBM mag Keep up the good work.
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Very well said Mr Gene.

Please add my thanks as well Mike. I think it's my favorite read so far from TBM. Sure would like to read what didn't make the pages.

The fact that Bart was considered the best at capturing the big cats holds special meaning for me. I got a very small taste of just how difficult that is last winter. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Thanks again, Robin Severe

Offline Plumbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
I really enjoyed part 1, haven't got to 2 yet

Offline hill boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
I just read the 2nd edition today myself.I feel almost cheated and am disapointed that I never new of Bart and even more so never got to meet him.Great articles in tbm and hopefuly there will be a book in the near future.
Your best shot is only as good as your next one!

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »
I too thoroughly enjoyed parts 1 and 2.  After realizing Bart worked for Dr. Maurice Hornocker, whom I know well, I wish I could have maybe met Bart.  He sounds like one of those guys that would do anything for anybody.  Thanks Mike, this is the best article I have ever read in TBM.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Online Dsturgisjr

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
Great job Mike. Thanks for letting us get to know more about Bart.

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »
What a great article Mike! Thank you for letting us all know Bart a lil' better. Bravo my friend.

Peter

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 06:03:00 AM »
In the middle of the second part right now....awesome job Mike....Bart's another guy I wish I could have known.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »
Thank you all so much for your comments and e-mails. I can’t tell you enough of just how eye opening doing this piece was for me. Talking to a lot of Bart’s friends and tracing his footsteps through life was a humbling experience. I hope we all come to know generosity as Bart did.
Thanks again,
Mike

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »
Can't wait for the new TBM to arrive, as part 1 of the story was fantastic - good job Mike!  I can never get enough stories of bowhunters like Bart and Paul, so thanks to you and the Wensels for preserving some of that bowhunting history.
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Tree Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
I had been waiting since I read the first part and it was worth the wait.  I'm still set back.

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 11:19:00 AM »
Leaving in the morning for my first solo wilderness hunt.  To say that the stories shared recently about Bart, Schaf and company through the PD video, articles, posts etc have inspired me to start living what used to be dreams....well it would be an understatement.  Please accept my humble thanks for sharing their lives (and yours for that matter) with us.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Again, great job Mike.   You did tell me how long your first draft was...and I know how hard it is to whittle it down to Don's limits!   You did a fine job, and Gene is right that Bart would be blushing about all the attention.   But as for the rest of us, "thanks" for putting out the info for us all to enjoy and learn about what a fine human being Bart was and an inspiration to us all.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
Mike, I finally came up from the concrete and sawdust long enough to read it straight through.  Nice piece of work buddy!
Gary Logsdon

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Ever think that great bowhunters are like rockstars? Some of the best have gone on sooner than they should have.Bart, Paul and Jay are 3 people who when you read about them makes you almost view them as mythical.

Offline Plumbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »
Mike I did read part 2 this morning, great job.

Now that avatar.............tell me atleast one of those is roadkill cause that is too much horn for one day.  :)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »
Looking forward to reading it...thanks Gene.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »
Plumbob.....The bucks in AVATAR were taken two days apart. You can read about them individually in "Antler Mines" Feb/Mar 2006 TBM. You can also see individual images of them in Primal Dreams, as well they are also featured together in the final scene of the film.

Thank you all for your kind words. Bart was one of us.
Mike

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 10:49:00 AM »
Mike did a nice job of giving us a glimpse into Bart's life and times.  For those of us who never knew him, that is important.  Good work.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©