3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New TBM with Bart article Part 2  (Read 652 times)

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New TBM with Bart article Part 2
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »
Since I've retired from teaching I can actually sit down, fully absorb, and appreciate fine work like Mike's piece on Bart.  Ahh, the good life . . .how many year's to go for you Bryce?:^)???
Gary Logsdon

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
There is a video on this great site of Bart hunting with Paul Schafer
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Bart liked to take a lot of pictures and video. A lot of the original video footage was filmed in high-8 format and should be of reasonable quality. Most of that now belongs to his son. We will have to wait to see what becomes of it.

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
Gary, NOT FUNNY.  The light is very dim at the end of the tunnel, but at least it's there.  Ten years until early retirement counting the current one, but I've got it figured out that I could retire the same year even with a year's leave of absence/sabbatical somewhere in there!  So do I do that sometime in the near future, or just try to make it 9 years and hope I'm healthy enough to still hoof it up and down the slopes?
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
Hey Bryce, read my post on the Primal Dreams thread about how my quest to finally chase elk in the mountains is going . . . not that's not funny!  Somebody told me that you keep an extra set of clothes at school to switch in-and-out of?? Could be just an ugly rumor. HA! I once went turkey hunting before school, shot a big gobbler, and then ran it by the high school parking lot to show my bow club students and hunting buddies on the way home to change into my teaching duds.  Got back to school with cleaner hands just in time to open the door for my 1st block class:^)  Then there's the year I had first period planning during the spring and last block planning during the fall.  My principal was a hunter and seemed to understand my need for a customized schedule:^)
Gary Logsdon

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Getting back to what this thread is about, we are considering posting Mike's article about Bart w/photos this fall on the Brothers of the Bow website.  www.brothersofthebow.com
Gary Logsdon

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
I still don't have my new TBM. What gives? I wonder.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
I don't have mine either and I'm in ND for goodness sake!!!!!

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
I got mine today.....doing the snoopy dance!lol
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
Great article. Enjoyed reading about Bart.
  He actually lived 20mi. down the hill from me and I never got to see or know him.

Offline Ric Anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 10:35:00 PM »
I finally took the time to sit down and read the last issue of TBM and have enjoyed several of the stories so far, including the caribou article by Ben Pinney.  It's been a long time since I got to visit via the internet with Ben.  It sounds like he's become a very accomplished outdoorsman.  

The article on Bart brought back some memories as well.  I never did get to meet Bart but we had a mutual friend and I followed some of Barts adventures thru him.  Bart, when he was in Siberia studying tigers, had his parents send me a beautiful painting he had done of a Caribou bull with a  tranquil Alaskan valley in the background.  That painting hangs in my den underneath a caribou mount.  Even though Bart and I never got to meet, that painting is special to me.  Thanks Mike for that article and I'm looking forward to reading part II.

Online Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Ric, You may get a pleasant surprise in part two since I talk of the bow and the painting you mentioned. Have fun and a great season this fall. I am off to Colorado for two weeks of alpine mule deer hunting. Mike

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Mike great work. It seems that you just scratch the surface of his life. It sounds like you have the making of a good book. Proceeds of the book could go to his son. Just a thought. Thank you for sharing..

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »
Top Shelf , bud!!!!  :thumbsup:    :clapper:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
Mike, Thanks for this article. You did a great job!

Bill Wright
Aim Small

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Got Mine Yesterday, and Havent made it That Far yet!! I got Caught Up in the "Letter to the Editor" Garbage. Equal Time........ DANG IT!!   :readit:  Everyone has an Opinion, just Like Sphincters Everyone Has One, and Some  AREand Have One Too. Everyone Needs a Hobby I Suppose.
   BAAAAD ME!!  1/2 Hour in the "Quiet Chair" in the Corner. Thats Ok, I am Used to it by now!!  :thumbsup:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Deer Slayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
Great article! Man I wish I could have met him. I loved how the article ended with a quote from his dad. Those words gave me inspirational chills and brought tears to my eyes! Great job Mike!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Mike, I didn't know Bart but Thanks to you now I do. When Primal Dreams comes out again (part two) I think it would be AWESOME if in the beginning it shows some real scenes of Bart, Paul, Fred, Ben, Howard and many other brothers of the bow. I love looking at the stalks they did, the old camp scenes,the bush pilots as they fly over those far away places we can only Dream of. I really enjoyed those articles and what Barts Dad wrote in the end. What a great Dad ! Mike please keep up the good work all of you  guys do to bring these storys to us. God Bless you and have fun on that hunt and I will be waiting to read your story !! Keefers <")))><

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©