3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BowMate or Arrowmaster quiver?  (Read 394 times)

Offline Tickbait

• Trad Bowhunter
BowMate or Arrowmaster quiver?
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
I'm looking at this style of quiver and was wondering if anyone has owned/used both.  They look similar but was wondering about quality and ease of use.  Thanks, Eric.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BowMate or Arrowmaster quiver?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
I have the Arrowmaster and looked at the ad for the Bowmate. The Arrowmaster will mold to you somewhat, and it looks like the Bowmate won't. I have nothing but good things to say about the Arrowmaster; construction, design, overall quality are top notch. Can't comment on the Bowmate, but I sure can recommend the Arrowmaster.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:00 PM »
Vice-versa here. I own a Bowmate,and love it. I understand what centaur is saying about the molding to you issue. And wooried about the same thing before ordering. But,it feels great. No issues at all. I like the tube because it offers some strength,and gives the fletchings breathing room. It can be top loaded,is made very,very well. I am sure they are both good quivers,but I do like my Bowmate a ton. rat'
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
I have a bowmate. It is rigid and will not mold, which gives your arrows good protection, in case of a fall, etc. IMO, they are well made, come with a cover over the top, and are quiet. I don't believe they will hold as many arrows as a full sized Arrowmaster, but carry 6-7 with no problem, at least that's all I've ever carried in mine, by choice. Has an accessable zippered pocket located at the lower end of the quiver. I really like mine.
I'd have to say one that will mold vs. one that is rigid could be a tradeoff of sorts. I recall RC once saying his grandson stepped on his, don't recall if it was an Arrowmaster or Dawgware, and bent a few aluminum shafts.
Never owned an Arrowmaster, but they appear to be well made, and lot's of folks tote them.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Tickbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20:00 PM »
Thanks guys.  Do any of you carry these quivers while backpacking a treestand?  I'm wondering how this will work.  I'm thinking I may have to bungee it to my stand on the way in, in which case the Bowmate may be better. Eric.

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:00 PM »
I know one fellow that hangs his over one shoulder while toting a climbing stand, and it stays there. I'm either built differently or lacking in talent, because I have to bungee mine.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:00 PM »
I looked at them a couple years ago and didn't get any feedback on here about them.  Maybe too new at the time.  I didn't get much help from the seller either.  I did try a Dowgware out just for a test fit to see how it felt and worked.  It was okay but kind of long.  I think it also has a light weight plastic tube structure, but it is still only semi rigid.  I then got a chance to try an Arrow Master and liked it better than the tube.  The arrow master is great and I wouldn’t change it in anyway.  I like the little bit of flexibility and the way the flat back shape and more oval top shape hugs close to you.  It is still semi rigid and has a rod in it to keep it straight.  I also like the shorter length of about 32” for the main part with the hood for extra length for arrow removal clearance.  I only use my hood for wet weather so most of the time I don’t use it.  The main body of the quiver still covers my arrows completely without the hood.  The bow Mate looks about 38” long or more.  I wouldn’t want to hall around 6-8” of extra tube I have to have all the time just to pull out an arrow.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
I love my Bowmate side quiver. I personally like the rigidness the tube gives you because as stated above it helps protect your fletching better and arrows in the case you should take a fall.
James Kerr

Offline Tickbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate your intput.  Any issues with noise with these quivers?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©