3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new to Kansas  (Read 1489 times)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
new to Kansas
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
I just relocated from NC to Olathe, KS and would like info on  traditional shops, shoots, clubs or just people in the area that are into traditional archery.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: new to Kansas
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »
The Nocking Point up in Winchester Ks.  probably 40min. (my guess) Mike is a sponsor on here.

Wakarusa Traditional Bowhunters in Topeka.  Believe their first shoot is this coming weekend, but I know they are having a two day shoot Jan.  27&28th.  Good shoot and alot of trad shooters there.  You can call mike at the nocking point and he can give more details.
Also there is a shoot or club in Bonner Springs (Tri County) Mostly wheels, but some trad shooters go.

If your intrested we can hook up at one of the shoots at Topeka.  Just send me an e-mail.

Welcome to the area.  Little bit colder in the winter here than N.C.  Summers just as hot or hotter.  There is some good hunting in this area.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline 1 flyfisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
There is a nice range just north of Platte City on the Platte City Conservation area (2400 acres public ground).  Target butts out to 50 yards.  Mostly compound shooters but several of us trad guys.
When it is cold I hunt
When it is hot I fish

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Gonna move this to the PowWow........
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
There is also a nice range at Shawnee Mission Park in Lenexa.  Thats less than 10 miles from you.  They are rebuilding it, should be real nice in the spring.  Noticed that you work for Sprint.  So does my daughter and son in law.  I live in Lenexa, right north of you.
Mel Riley

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
Irish, Have you ever been out to Wyandotte county lake?  They have a range with trails on it that nobody uses. It would be nice to start a trad group for 3-D shoots. I work for Wyandotte county and have thought about trying to get something together.  I go out and walk the trails shooting stumps about once a week.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
Never been to the range at Wyandotte.  Sounds like something we need to do.
Mel Riley

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
I live about a half mile from Cabela's. I didn't know they had a range at Shawnee park. When is it going to be done. I'll help if they need it.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
There use to be a field range on those trails with all the target butts maintained by Wyandotte county bowhunters.Unfortunatly ,like alot of things lack of participation on up keep it killed it.Shawnee Mission park,also had one.If you would like to get together and shoot,stump shoot or hunt just give me a yell. This is open to any of you in this area.  Thanks, Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Ricky, Irish and I are good buddies here in KC.  We will be heading to Jefferson City on Feb 2nd (I think that's the date) for the United Bowhunters banquet.  That is a great place to meet some of the lovcal traditional crowd.

Offline mrkbsm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
I lived just west in Lawrence for a few years - I'll vouch for the Nocking Point as a good trad shop... great guy, great selection.   www.thenockingpoint.com
Clinton Lake just west of Lawrence has a bit of an outdoor range as well... target butts at maybe 15, 30 and 45 yards.  If you ever end up out there, bring your bow - I never once went out there and saw another soul using it.

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
Recurvericky,
I live in Olathe.  What part of Olathe are you moving to?  I live real close to Heritage Park, about 157th and Blackbob.

I would also be interested in a trad group shooting at Shawnee Mission park.  I have never shot out there, but have always wanted to try it.

Chip
[email protected]
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 01:48:00 PM »
The range at Shawnee Mission park is 5 lanes -10, 20, 30, 40, 50 yds.  They are rebuilding it, now will face south instead of west - it was a real pain to shoot in the evenings.  The new range is only about 50 yds from the old one.  There is also a plan for a 3D course in the future.   The course is maintained by the park.  It costs $10 per year to shoot.  You can get a pass at the main park office off of Renner Blvd.
Mel Riley

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
KCtree, Irish...look me up down at Jeff City..tall guy, dark hair, goatee....LOL. Some buddies and I will  have a booth setup, upstairs, and donating a youth turkey hunt for the live auction!!!!

I believe there is a trad club at Harrisonville, Mo too? Used to be anyway, had a couple of shoots during the year...
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline Kindred Mark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Recurvericky, welcome to Kansas.  Most of it has been said.  What has not been said is Kansas has a growing elk heard at Fort Riley.  Residents of Kansas may apply for the draw.  Welcome again.
Aim Small, Miss Small

Offline polarbear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »
NOCKING POINT GREAT SERVICE CALL MIKE
Does your train of thought Have a caboose?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©