3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I got my new glove in!!!!! I think I have a winner  (Read 293 times)

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
I got my new glove in!!!!! I think I have a winner
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
I have been wanting to get a glove with a bit more protection than my Bear Paw Classic and after much research I went with the BW Stick tight glove. This is a heavy leather, long stall glove with nylon overlays. It is very similar to the American Leathers Big shot. Right from the package it is stiff and will have to be broke in (i view this as a good thing) . I wore the glove today around the house, and then I shot about 15 arrows in the dark in this nice hail/sleet storm we are having.

Really like the protecting that I am getting from the glove at this point. I can feel the pressure of the string, but I can not feel the string itself on my fingers. And since the American Leather gloves are the Gold Standard now a days by which all others are judged Ill give you my comparisons. The BW is most similar to the AL Big shot buffalo. Single layer leather with nylon overlay. Plenty of finger stall and nylon to allow for first grove and farther back string grab. The nylon is narrower on the BW than the Big Shot, but very very slick. Quality of both gloves leather is on par, with neither taking the lead. The BW is a modified Bateman/ Howard Hill style in that it has two straps from the stalls as opposed to one and also larger stalls. The AL is more of the Original Fred Bear design. I would be proud to own both gloves, BUT total value from initial purchase goes to the BW Stick Tight hands down. I will have to see how long it lasts as people are reporting 3-4 years from the AL gloves and not much has been said about the BW yet.

JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Alan Coe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I got my new glove in!!!!! I think I have a winner
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »
I was not ready to shell out the bucks for a AL Bigshot so I opted for a BW Sticktight for $17.

Wow, what a great glove! Mine is the plain leather no Nylon.

I love it.

Alan

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:15:00 AM »
Been shooting mine for 2 years. By far my  favorite
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
I've been shooting my sticktite for two years now and going on my third.  Still many many years left in this glove.  I have just the plain leather one and feel it's the perfect thickness for feel and protection of my fingers.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I love the AL glove, but I am between an M and L for a glove.  I can't get my hand in an M, but an L is overall too long so doesn't stay on my fingers well.  It sounds like the stick tight does a good job of well sticking.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Does anyone know if this one has the cordura overlays?  Thanks!!

https://blackwidowbows.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=114_120&product_id=458
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 10:24:00 AM »
Kenny, that one has the same nylon overlays as the stick tight super like I have pictured

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
Kennym,
The stick tight glove is #212 in the B/W catalog. I have the one that you are referring to and also the stick tight and now the stick tight is all I use.

Regards,
Grouse

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Thanks! I just kind of like the ones without the leather strings...
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 12:58:00 AM »
Has anyone tried the top of the line bateman w inserts. I had one but shoot lefty now. I saw it as being a step above a hhill. Also a good glove but have to be sewed tighter as the leather stretches.the bateman being cordovan.
Arrow_Flynn

Offline twistedlim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28:00 AM »
I jut got the bateman gtc1  that is a single layer of cordovan without velcro but has the snap strap.  I honestly hate velcro so I am always on the lookout for something different.  
The bateman is stiff cordovan.  I have been working it over with neet oil and mink oil to soften it up a bit.  I am not sure about the glove yet.  I really have to try to shoot it in to give it a fair assessment.  My other glove I got at the kzoo show was the alaska archery glove with the cordovan tips.  the cordovan is thiner but it is still a hefty glove protection wise.  I also oiled this up and it broke right in within a couple of days and it is shooting well.  If you get the bateman be prepared to spend some time breaking it in but based on the quality it should last a few seasons.  I would not recommend the double leather tipped bateman if the cordovan is as thick as the single layer.  The single layer is more than plenty for protection..

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
Arrow, I know Steve at Northern Mist uses it, as does Ric 0 shay here on tradgang.  Danny (ric) is super nice, id shoot him a PM as he hasn't been coming around a lot lately.  Danny is one heck of a nice guy and will answer any of your questions for you.  Not to mention if i could shoot half as good as him id be happy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©