3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Considering a new Baker style tent....  (Read 367 times)

Offline snakewood3

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Considering a new Baker style tent....
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 08:55:00 AM »
I have used mine for extended camping in New Mexico and Oklahoma. It has withstood the elements (including high winds, snow and rain) very well. No condensation or leaks. Tons of room.

U.S. Navy Seabees '79 - '86
Custom knives and leatherwork

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:00 AM »
I don't know about Bakers. I had one since 1980 and finally go rid of it a couple of years ago and went modern. Heavy, had to dry it out after every trip and since I cut my own poles had to have a mess of 10' poles strapped to the top of the vehicle and a large bag of jute ropes and stakes. It started to need waterproofing every year too. Good riddance.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 11:00:00 AM »
Roger,
I know a nice spot on the banks of the Armstrong Creek week could set up and do a remake of Fred Bears the "Oldest Game".  I may wait till the evening to smoke a 'stogie' and I don't recall Fred or Charlie having any amber colored refreshments in their baker tent either, but that could be added   ;)  .
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline falconview

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:00 AM »
check out  tentsmiths.com they have everything imaginable and there bakers are excellent

Offline Steve Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Hi Roger l was looking into them also and found a nice one at Frostriver which l think is also a part of Deluth trading. I haven't bought one yet but a fella at Compton had one last year mad e by them and it was pretty nice. Good luck, and l will see you at Compton, maybe we will get another elk trip  :)
Steve Jr

Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Jerry, have you looked at those single pole tents.  There was a thread just a bit ago with one of us recommending a particular maker.  Can't recall which.  Anyway they have some maybe 2'-3' walls and are not quite a teepee.  They use a single internal pole, and look easy as heck to put up.  I think I am interested.  I mostly truck camp so weight is not an issue on this one.  I am thinking that my wife may come along on a few of these soon and a tarp and a blanket won't cut it, that's for certain.

ChuckC

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »
chuck, it might be the bell tents you are referring to.
they come in a range of sizes, i have the 5meter one for family camping- and we love it, literaly only minutes to set up,lots of room, and very comfortable.
 http://www.belltent.co.uk/bell_tents\\

i really also like the kifaru tents, especially the sawtooth, but really like canvas. so am gonna build myself something like that in canvas, with one of their small packable stoves, two guys hunting could easily share the load

Offline parshal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by ChuckC:
Jerry, have you looked at those single pole tents.
Montana Canvas makes Spike tents which are single center poles with poles around the edges.  I had one of their newer ones and there are just too many poles.  They made one for Cabelas for quite a while that had a center pole and one pole in each corner.  They had sewn in floors.  The 10' one is nice a packable and easy to setup.  I got the 12' version of Craigslist and it's a bit heavier to haul around but it's a great tent.  Craigslist seems to have the older ones from Cabelas fairly regular.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Found it.  Bjorn posted this in the camping (for sale) under the thread regarding wanting a single pole pyramid tent.  A Soulpad! They look pretty cool and useable

(By the way Snakewood, that looks like the one I have.  Nice tent)

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©