3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Maryland tradgangers???  (Read 190 times)

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Maryland tradgangers???
« on: February 28, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing some hunting closer to home this year.  I live in PA and was looking at some border counties in MD.  I'm looking at Fredrick, Allegeny and Washington counties.  Not looking for any hotspots, just what is the deer population like in those counties and is there any public land in those counties?  I'll keep researching myself, but would appreciate a little guidance.  Thanks, Sam

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Maryland tradgangers???
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Steve Kendrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Plenty of public lands. Green Ridge, Savage River, clear springs.  I don't hunt western MD but the further east you go the higher the deer densities are. Frederick the highest but not quite as much public. Some nice bow only areas in Western Montgomery.  Rub some mud on your PA plates! You might get tarred and feathered and tossed back across the border by the locals!!   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 11:20:00 PM »
Come check out mnha.net it's in Anne arundel county but worth the drive. It's federal land deer killed do not count towards your state bad limits. It does have a fee of 50.00 for the season
I love Bow Hunting

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »
There are the three public hunting watersheds in Baltimore Co. however they are generally loaded with hunters early in the season, mostly compound and crossbow hunters.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.  I have pulled up several possibilites on the web as well.  Thanks again, Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©