3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show off your Big Foot bows!  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show off your Big Foot bows!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 05:28:00 PM »
rbcorbitt ....
It does have very nice lines..no doubt about it.

I don't believe Kirk is making the one piece Sas. anymore however.
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
10-4 on that.  He said that he was getting like 99 to 1 requests for take-downs.  Guess that means you  have a collectable there!

Bob
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »
oh nooo...
I don't own that bow any longer.

But from what I hear, the current owner is very happy with it...I guess he had to beat back his friends to shoot it...lol
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:00 PM »
This is what Johnny is holding out for here Bob. The Sas i built for him was just a wee bit to close to being a recurve for him. That and his poundage was a tad bit high for comfort for him.

John prefers the "D" profile bows a bit more....

This first one is the 1 pc Flatliner....

This second one here has Flatliner limbs with an "Obsidian" riser....

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 07:12:00 AM »
Wow!  Beautiful.  What is the accent detail on the limbs on the 1-pc referred to (darker accent)?
"I would rather be amongst forest animals and the sounds of nature, then amongst city traffic and the noise of man" - A.D. Williams

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. They really don't do that bow justice at all. The riser is cut from a curly maple burl.

The limbs are Black Myrtle wood with Iron wood power wedges, with black glass and blond myrtle wood overlays.

This riser lay up is different than my standard I-beam assembly. if you look closely at the top of the shelf cut out you'll see a layer of Iron wood at the top. This is a "Twin I-beam" assembly.

look at the back of the grip here in this next photo. This is something different i tried to cover the I beam and have the maple show in the strike area.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Kirk
What are the specs of that TD longbow shown at 206 fps?
Bow length, draw weight, arrow weight, etc?

Thanks
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2013, 11:06:00 AM »
The specs on the TD Obsidian are 50@31". It's a 66" length. The limbs are double XX carbon over bamboo cores, with Iron wood power wedges.

I tested it at 50#'s at 31" draw length using a 450 grain shaft. I use a hooter shooter and digital scales.... She came out pretty darn snappy. I really love this limb design. They shoot a heavy shaft really well too.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »
Snappy indeed!
Thanks for the info!

Some great numbers out that bow!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
Doc Nock

Trying to convince me to buy another bow....love the support on this site!
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:00 PM »
Mike If you have Kirk build you a bow then you ought to have me build a top mount so I can compete with it LOL.  Thats two more bows.
Even with a top mount I have to really turn a trick to be competitive with Kirk. He just flat out builds a mean long bow. I would bet his Flatliner is the fastest D longbow in the world. I would win too;

God bless, Steve

Offline rbcorbitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
The respect between Kirk and Steve - both master bowyers - is amazing!  It is great to see such support and idea sharing for the betterment of traditional archery!

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2013, 08:54:00 PM »
I have an Obsidian coming this week through a trade. After meeting with and talking with Mr.Lavender last year at Baltimore I knew it would only be a matter of time before I would have one of of his bows. Really a very cool guy that cares about the betterment of Traditional Archery!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »
I certainly would respect Kirk as a bowyer even if I could not stand the man.; However he is my best friend and one of the main reasons is that the man is downright honest. He will tell me in no uncertain terms when I am wrong and has done so. I have also done so with him. When you can give and take and bless each other that way then that is what I want for a friend. We don't have any competition with each other or with anyone else. This comes from an old time work ethic where a mans only true competition is himself. I can share everthing I know with Kirk and he will spit out the bones or supposed bones and eat the fish. Same here. Oh and I thought I was wrong once and I was right so I was really wrong. therefore I have much to learn

God bless you all, Steve

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2013, 11:13:00 PM »
Good deal Ed.   :thumbsup:  i haven't got all that many of the obsidian bows out there.  is it one of these?

Offline Dan Bonner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
Kirk,
Could you post an unstrung pic of that D bow? I feel a little piracy coming on....

Bonner

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 12:56:00 AM »
Hey Danny!  For you I'll send a pattern and some of Ernie's ugly carbon to build one...

Yup know something.... i've still got that little Recurve bow you built for Ernie... i gotta get that back to him one of these days.   :banghead:

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »
Kirk I am getting it from Bryan Dann in Texas. I believe it is 64" 45 lbs. at 30".
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »
Those obsidian bows and the flatliner t/d's give me the warm fuzzies. Such an awesome bow. I would love to have one someday. I wonder what it would perform at for my 32" draw at 65#'s...probably on par with my 30-06.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
Hey Kirk can you build a double or triple carbon bow with wood veneers on the limbs?
James Kerr

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©