3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Questions for Tall Tines owners  (Read 164 times)

Offline WhitetailHtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Questions for Tall Tines owners
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
Ready to place an order for one.  Been shooting a 60# 62"
Brackenbury for years.

Want to drop to the low 50#'s and a shorter bow. The 62" just seems to get in the way at times out of ladder stands.

Here we go:  Long riser vs. Short
                    Long limbs vs. Short
                    Short riser w/long limbs vs long riser w/short limbs
                    Anyone have experience with a Tall Tines in 58"
                         vs. 60" length (mostly tree strand hunting).

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.
1987 Brackenbury Drifter 60#

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Questions for Tall Tines owners
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:33:00 AM »
I have a 58"er being built now just for stand hunting. I have owned 60" and 62" Tall Tines with the various combinations of long riser/ short riser/ medium limb/ long limb....etc. That said, my favourite to date is the long riser medium limb (62" bow).

If your draw isn't too long, I'd go for the 58" bow as your issues came with stand hunting. Talk to Brian about wood choices to add mass to the shorter bow and you'll not even know it's a 58"er. That's my plan to get the bottom limb out of the way when stand hunting.

If you feel that a 60" bow is short enough then perhaps try the long riser/ short limb combo. Brian's bows have blown the theory of a longer working limb out of the water...at least for me!

Which ever you pick, you'll be happy. Good luck...Ryan

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
I use to own a 58" TT and it was fantastic,and I normally like a longer bow.I draw 27-1/2"and it would go alot farther.You'll love it.Ryans advise is real good and hes had alot of experience with them.Alot of good shooters have made TT's there go to bows,for good reason.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »
I have a 62" with 18" riser and 2- 60" bows with 16" risers. (same length limbs on all three bows)

Brian is putting the finishing touches on another 62" for me now.  

You may see some difference in smoothness of draw with a 58" but I doubt it.  I sure can't tell any difference in the 60" and 62".

I agree with Ryan,  Give Brian a shout and see what he suggests as far as riser and limb length.  

My favorite is the 62" but it probably has more to do with aesthetics than any other factor.  The 18" riser is more sleek in appearance in my opinion and I like wood and there's just more of it in the long riser.

You'll love it and soon you'll suffer from TTA like me and a few others that frequent this place.     ;)

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:00 PM »
I got a 58", for stand huning, I draw 27ish and hunt from a lot of cedar trees  with branches every where and don't trim allot , not once did I have and issues, I was impressed.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©