3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Olathe ks area guys  (Read 2966 times)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
Olathe ks area guys
« on: August 24, 2007, 09:38:00 AM »
I am interested in attempting to organize a traditional club in the Olathe area with the main attention on having a 3-D range to shoot at. If anyone is interested please contact me. I do have one question, has Kansas every had a Traditional archery/bowhunter organization?
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Olathe ks area guys
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Sorry for the confusion. If you notice my location states Williamston, NC. I forgot to update my profile.I relocated to Kansas in December.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
Kansas Bowhunters include both wheely bow guys and stickbow guys, good group, but not all traditional.  There are a few traditional shoots in the Kansas City area, both Kansas and Missouri.  

I would be interested in a local club.  I am located in Lenexa.
Mel Riley

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
Thanks Irish. When I get responses from a few more I will try to get everyone together.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:15:00 AM »
You already know I am interested.   Thanks,  Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline brmize

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
I would definitely be interested. I live ten minutes from the Nocking Point but don't know of any clubs any where close. Olathe is not that far from Nortonville maybe an hour.

Brian
"After we've lost a natural place, it's gone for eveyone-hikers, campers, boaters, bicyclists, animal watchers, fishers, hunters, and wildlife-a complete and absolutely democratic tragedy of emptiness."  Richard Nelson

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
I think a trad-club in this area would be great. I know a couple other guys who would also be very interested and thankfull. I live in Kansas City, Kansas about a qaurter mile from Cabelas.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
There is the club in Topeka that has a trad only shoot in June.I think it would be nice to have something in the Johnson County area too.I'm NW of JO cty and NE of Topeka.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »
Keep coming boys, we're going to have a club if this keeps up.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
Sounds good to Me also so count Me in the group. I live in Overland Park, Kansas. And yes Kansas has the Kansas Bowhunters Association, Iam one of there Members....ONE SHOT...  :)    :)    :)  

PS: I think Dave Bulla also still lives in Kansas City, Mo., but I haven't seen Him post lately. He is a member of Trad Gang also.

Offline PrairieHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
I'm definitely in! I'm in Wichita right now for the physician assistant program, but I'm originally from Louisburg and will be moving back that way. Louisburg is about 20 minutes Southeast of Olathe. Traditional Bowhunter magazine lists a couple traditional clubs in the Kansas area-one in Scranton and one in Wellington. I've tried contacting both of the guys listed, but no luck from either. My family  has a pretty good chunk of land in the Mound City area (Linn County) that I would be interested in making available for target shooting and especially forming a traditional club that would get kids interested in traditional archery. Lots of wide open spaces and timber. Only problem is I'm gonna be here for another year and a half!

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
That is a very generous offer PrarieHawk.   :wavey:

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »
You can count Me in also. I can see the back side of Tri- County rod & gun club from My front door, but a trad only club would be great to belong to. Keep me posted. bretto

Offline PrairieHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Paul. I have been thinking that this needs to happen for some time now. Very good idea by recurve rick. I'll be interested to see this project come to life!

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
Thanks for the offer on the land in Mound City PrairieHawk. I was hoping for something closer to Olathe. I wonder why there is not a Kansas traditional association. With the response we are getting here that may be something to look into also. I would love to see a get together like they have at Denton Hill, Pa. I was there a couple of years ago and it was amazing, thousands of people and some of the top vendors in the tradtional word.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Well recurve,(can I call ya recurve?)...
Here in Kansas folks get kind of spread out once you get out of the Olathe/KC region so that can be a factor.Another is that we are central to trad shoots in other surrounding states.The shoot in Topeka pulls folks in and has a good crowd.MacaLaster down in OK and MOJAM are also in our region.As to finding land to shoot on closer to Olathe...lot of building going on around there so west or south to find range room I think.
The good thing is that there are more folks in your area to "swell the ranks" so to speak.You are on the right track and I commend your interest in this.
Best regards,
Paul

Offline Missouri Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »
Count me in too, I live close to the Platte City area.

Neven

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Just putting this bad on the top of the list
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
I think there used to be a small archery range at Hillsdale lake a while back.  Might talk to the Park people about the possibility of setting up a range there.  They have a radio control airfield there that is run by a club.

Dennis

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
I would be glad to help also,I have two sons that shoot tradbows and several friends around here that come shoot at my house.

Keep us posted  :archer:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©