3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Olathe ks area guys  (Read 2971 times)

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Olathe ks area guys
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
That sounds great!
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 20, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
I will be at Snow's. I really enjoy their shoot. The fact that it is just a fun shoot with no competition is what I like the best. My daughter really enjoy it also.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 20, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
I met with Alaine Hudlin of the Prairie Center this morning. Alaine is 100% for a club establishing a 3D range at the center. Alaine stated that we could basically set the range up in anyway we wished. In exchange for the use of the property, Alaine’s only requested is that we have volunteers available for 2 days each summer to assist with an Archery Day Camp that is held to introduce local children to archery and hunting. Alaine did state that we would be able to use the 3D targets that the center has, but they would have to be stored in their building when not in use. I did ask that if we were to supply the targets would we be able to secure the targets to the ground by some means or to an adjacent tree and Alaine stated that it would be ok. The Prairie Center is owned by the state and is managed by the Kansas Parks and Wildlife, so we would have to form a nonprofit organization in order to use the property and we would have to provide a $1 million liability insurance policy, which will cost less than $300 per year. If we use the centers targets we can not stop the public from using the targets, but if we provide the targets we could either not allow someone to use the targets or force them to join the club in order to use our targets. Alaine did state that the center is not a public use area and is supposed to be used for educational purposes, so that would keep the number of people having access to the course at a minimum. Aliane even stated that we could host shoots and have primitive camping if we wished. There are 2 porta potties, one at each parking area and permanent toilets at the lake. The park is open from dusk until dawn, seven days per week.

I hope that there is a lot of interest in this. The area that will be used for the range is absolutely beautiful. I do realize that we will have to do some maintenance on the range, which should be minimal, but the mowing will be done by the center. If we needed to use a tractor or mower that belongs to the center we would be able to.

After talking with Alaine this morning I am really positive that this is a great opportunity to establish a 3D Archery Range, which is lacking in the area. Please let me know if you are interested in participating in this. One other concern is, are we going to have this as traditional only or are we going to include the wheelie guys? Including the wheelie guys will lower the cost of membership.

I have included a link to a satelite shot of the center.  http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCC&cp=38.879984~-94.899334&style=h&lvl=16&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=14914499&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

The Office is at the northeast corner of the property. There is 25 acres total of residental land on the north and west border of the center.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: August 20, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
I will be at Snow's. I really enjoy their shoot. The fact that it is just a fun shoot with no competition is what I like the best. My daughter really enjoy it also.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2008, 10:33:00 PM »
I will be sending out an email to everyone that previously sent their contact info to me. I may also post a flyer at Bass Pro and Cabela's if they will allow it.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Is anyone familiar with the process of forming a 501c not profit orginization?
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2008, 11:35:00 AM »
Glad to see you are still pursueing this and thanks for all your effort. Looks like a good spot, hope it works out.

Offline Bow-n-Head

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »
Add Ray to the list. Are you aware of SNOWS BOW SHOOT, SEPT. 27/28, IN PLEASANTON, KS???  2 days of PHHUUNN!!  Ray

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
I have the post card they send out on my frig, can not wait. Their shoots are really alot of fun and the Snow's are very welcoming.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2008, 04:17:00 PM »
One question about the range are we going to try to keep this traditional only or do we want to include the redheaded step children that like training wheels? One other bit of info, in the past some of the people have mentioned that they did not really want to have to keep up the range and spent time working on it. Good new the only up keep we will have is on the trail and targets as the Center will handle all mowing and upkeep of toilets. If anyone knows a lawyer that would be willing to assist with filing the 501c-7 papers to become non-profit please let me know. Also, we to set a time and place for a meeting. I am usually available Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday morning if need be.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Recurvericky, I just reread your meeting with Alaine Hudlin and seems to be no stipulations on what type of club. IMHO I would keep it traditional only, let the others play some where else     :biglaugh:  

Stone Sheep posted earlier, he is the president of the Three Trails Club, take him up on his offer. Find out how they have the club structured. It really is laid back, but it still is a group effort to keep it going.
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Gatekeeper, how did the meeting at Cabela's turnout?
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by bowhunterfrompast:
Gatekeeper, how did the meeting at Cabela's turnout?
Go to this link to see the notes from the meeting. Bob Burns was at this meeting.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=056311;p=9
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2008, 12:10:00 AM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
Thanks Gatekeeper, I forgot about Stone Sheeps earlier offer. I will contact him.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Thanks Gatekeeper, I forgot about Stone Sheeps earlier offer. I will contact him.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »
Ray Cinadr aka Bow-n-head had a great suggestion as far as targets. He suggested to use "U Stuff It" targets since this type of target if a lot cheaper that the normal 3D target and could be left on the range. Then if we had a club shoot we could use The Prairie Centers targets for the day. By doing this the initial cost of starting the club could be held to a minimum. The "U Stuff It" targets would be supported by hanging them from a piece of rebar bent in the shape of a "U" and buried in the ground.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »
After checking around on insurance for an archery club, I have located a couple of companies that provide the coverage for approx $500. The catch is that 5-6 members of the club have to be active members of either the NRA or the NFAA. We may be able to get the insurance through the  Kansas Bowhunters Association as an affiliate, but I will have to check on that. As I mentioned in one of my earlier post the club has to be a 502c/7 nonprofit. I contacted a lawyer who has ties to archery and he can do this for us, but the cost is $1500-$2500. I guess the next step is to see just who is really interested in going forward with this. If we get enough interest we can set a date for a meeting to get the ball rolling. I realize that hunting season is coming up and most will be concentrating on it, but if we are going to do this we need to get serious. If you are truely interested, please send me an email with your name, address, phone number and email address. I realize several people have already sent this info to me, but I would like to get it again to make sure I have everyones contact info.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©