3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Olathe ks area guys  (Read 2970 times)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Olathe ks area guys
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
After seeing the cost of forming a 501c nonprofit,I contacted Alaine at the Prairie Center to see we could some how work around the 501c nonprofit issue. To show you just how dedicated Alaine is to getting an archery range at the Prairie Center, she was already in the process of determining if we could bypass the 501c and get status a Friends of the PrairieCenter status that would allow us to use the property. One catch is that we might have to be an affiliate of either the NFAA or the Kansas Bowhunters Association to get the Friends of the Prairie status. I will be contacting both groups today for information on this. If anyone is a member of either one of these groups please let me know as soon as possible.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
Hi Rick ONE SHOT here (Gail Darling). Iam a Member of the KBA here in Kansas. Also Iam a NRA Member. Kansas H/E Instructor, and NBEF Instructor. I have taught several Bow Hunter Classes at the Olathe site. The Lady Mgr. is great to work with. Iam still interested in helping to form a Club.

If My credentials will help in any way, please feel free to mention My Name to Her....ONE SHOT

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
After getting off the phone with Alaine at the Prairie Center, I contacted John Doub of the Wichita Chapter of the NFAA (National Field Archery Association). The NFAA has the best Liability Insurance for the money. Per John a few steps have to be taken in order to be granted the Liability Insurance through the NFAA
1.First we must have 5 club members who are members of the NFAA which cost $35 each. This is usually covered by the club.
2.After that is taken care of we have to apply for a charter with the NFAA as an affiliate member. The application fee for this is $25.
3.Once the charter application is granted and the 5 club members are verified to be members of the NFAA. An inspection of the range has to be performed.
4.The cost of the inspection is $15 plus mileage from Blue Springs, Mo. This is where the closet NFAA Inspector is located. The Range has to be clearing marked and a simple map drawn up.
5.Once the range passes inspection the charter is granted and the insurance policy will be granted.  The yearly fee for the charter is $35.
Per John this is a simple process that sounds more complicated than it is. John also recommended incorporating the club to protect the members from law suites in case of an accident. I will check on the cost of incorporating. The application for the charter will be mailed to me, along with a copy of the local Wichita Archery Clubs by-laws.  

At this point we need to set up a time for all interested to meet and get this more organized. We could meet at the Prairie Center on a Saturday or Sunday, that way everyone could check out the facilities.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »
I would like to get the email address of the following people

Paul Nissen
Brian Moeller
Jon Norris
Jeff Mickle
Brett Eisman
Dave Bulla
Ben Saye
Chip Jones
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
email sent...
Thanks for all the effort you are putting into this.
Paul Nissen

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
Alaine Hudlin at the Prairie Center stated that it is still a go for the Archery Club to get started. Our next step is to set a meeting time and place to get things rolling. Alaine stated that we could meet at the Prairie Centers Office at the intersection of West 135th St. and Cedar Niles Rd. I thought meeting at the Prairie Center would give everyone a chance to take a look at the property. Would 1/18/09 at 2pm work for everyone or should we shoot for 1/25/09 which would give everyone more time to make arrangements to be at the meeting? I will attempt to send an email with details of the cost associated with starting a club. Please let me know if you will attend the meeting.

Ricky
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2009, 09:49:00 PM »
Keeping this at the top
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: January 14, 2009, 07:16:00 AM »
You have been busy Rick, thanks for all the hard work you are putting in.
I have to work the next two weekends but I might be able to make it on the 25th since it is after 2pm.
Paul

Oh, BTW, have you seen the post about the rabbit hunt and get together up by Valley Falls on the 31st? That's not that far away from Olathe...

Offline R. Cinadr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2009, 09:14:00 AM »
Rick:  Either day OK by me!! Thanx for all the effort.  Ray

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Putting this back at the top
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »
Thanks for all the work, either day is OK right now for me.   Keep us posted.
Mel Riley

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
The guys that I have talked with are not able to meet on either day, so lets look at 1/24/09 at 2pm which will be one week from tomorrow. Please let me know who will be at the meeting.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline bowhunterfrompast

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2009, 10:06:00 PM »
ttt
Rick Wakeman
UBM Lifetime Member
American Broadhead Collectors Club

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2009, 11:32:00 PM »
I'll be there if nothing comes up Rick.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2009, 07:35:00 AM »
Well dang, I'll be working that day too. I might be able to make it but it'll be after 2 since my relief don't show before 1:15 or so...

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: January 17, 2009, 09:36:00 AM »
Just "googled" directions and from where I work it tells me it'll take me a little over an hour to get there. If nothing comes up I might could make it...

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
The date for the meeting has been set for 1/24/09 at 2pm at the Prairie Center in Olathe, KS.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending the meeting, as I would like to get an idea of the number of people that will attend. I will be printing handouts with information that I have gathered and aerial photos of the Prairie Center. If you are not able to attend, but are still interested, please let me know. We need a general idea of just how many people are interested. At this point we have 31 people that are interested. It would be great to have as many at the meeting as possible. If anyone has experience being in clubs or starting a club, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ricky Sadler
913-768-1842
[email protected]
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
Can't make the meeting but keep me posted. Thanks.

Bill
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
Thanks Rick. I'll do my best to be there...

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
moving back to the top
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©