3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Olathe ks area guys  (Read 2973 times)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Olathe ks area guys
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2007, 07:10:00 PM »
Here is a satelite shot of the area around the Ranger Station at Hillsdale that the Park Manager mentioned for the range. It looks like a good area and lots of trees to shade shooter in the hot kansas' summers.
 http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=38.661026~-94.889914&style=h&lvl=17&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=14832385&encType=1
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline twosheds

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2007, 07:39:00 PM »
rick, I sent you a pm with my info. OOOOOHHH, my wife isn't going to like this, HEHEHEH! I'm excited. I'm in Kansas City, Kansas by cabelas.
Bob Lee Hunter Recurve 55# @ 29''

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Sent a pm also glad this is still in the works. bretto

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Hi guys

I would love to meet some people that shoot traditional archery. I have only been shooting for a couple of years and I have often wondered if there were more people locally that I could shoot with.

My wife and I live right outside the town of Camden Point, Mo. We are 6 miles north of Platte City, about 40 miles east of the Nocking Point, 50 mile north of Olathe, 15 mile west of Smithville, 30 miles north of North KC and 25 mile south of Saint Jo.

My wife is into riding horses and I am into archery. She used to shoot but she doesn’t think she can shoot anymore because of shoulder problems. We live in a rural area with lots of open space.

Oh I forgot to mention, my wife likes to ride her horses indoors when the weather is bad. And when it gets dark out early… we can flip on the indoor lights so that the 72’ x 140’ arena is all lit up.

When the weather is nice we have an outdoor arena that is 150’ wide x 300’ long and there are 5 empty 30’ tall light poles positioned in different areas around the arena. Huh…I wonder how those could be used?

There would to be some logistics to work out like liability issues, putting up wood sheeting at the far end of the arena to protect the walls from arrows (I already put a hole in a door) but we might be able to work something out if anyone is interested.

Rick, I will send you a PM.

Here are some pictures. Forgive me if the pictures don't work this is my first time trying to post pictures on here.

TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
Stick my name in the group too Rick.  It's a fair piece to drive but would be nice to shoot there.

I stayed in the Hillsdale campgrounds for a while when I was working construction in Olathe.  It is a real nice area.

Dennis

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2007, 10:12:00 PM »
I now have 17 guys interested including myself. This is a great start. I have been searching the internet and this site for info on starting and setting up a range, surprisingly there is alot of info out there.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
Okay I think I have it.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2007, 10:36:00 PM »
Well I don't get it. I'll have to try tomorrow. I my need to get a fifth grader involved.

Offline ks_stickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »
gatekeeper.....there is actualy a pretty nice archery club not far from you....nice thing is they own the land and give hunting rights to member....it's a nice pece of land with caves to explore....I don't remember the name of the club but it's around liberty.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2007, 11:44:00 PM »
You must have hit the lottery
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
Nice place you have there gatekeeper

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
I am going to contact the Park Manager on Friday to set up a time to check out the land that he has to offer for the club. Also, I was given info on three insurance companies that provide coverage for archery ranges. Sounds like the coverage will be $200-300 per year. One I get up with the Park Manager and a he shows me the area for the range I will post a satelite shot to give everyone a look see.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline jbb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
Wow, I thought insurance would be a lot more.  Shows how much I know...

Sounds great man, it is really cool that you are putting forth so much effort to get this done.

Offline Fish'n River

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2007, 10:32:00 AM »
Recurve, Sent you an e-mail.
 I live around an hour from Olathe.
 Near Lawson.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »
I just got the phone again with the Park Manager at Hillsdale. He is now back stepping a little on me. He has a big project in the works for a Hunter Safety Center that seems to be stressing him out due to the amount of facilities that will be built. I assured him that we were not interested in a major construction project and just need an area to set up 3D targets to shoot. I will be meeting with him on 10-29 to discuss this in person. Any suggestions on topics to be discussed during the meeting would be appreciated. I am sure that once we can prove to him that we are very serious about the range he may come around. I have been researching setting up ranges and will take this information with me to the meeting.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
I now have a volunteer that will be going to the meeting with me. Gail Darling out of Overland Park. He has been involved in Hunter Safety and Bow Hunter saftey for some time and has a few contacts in the Parks and Wildlife system which may be very useful in getting this range moving. Gail suggested that we not limit the club to traditional only, one advantage would be the increase number of members which in turn would mean more funds for the club. I'm not sure how everyone feels about this so let me hear your opinions. After the meeting I will set up a time for everyone to meet somewhere.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
I am guessing that if it was a "Trad Only" club the state would not support it....Perhaps a N E Kansas Traditional Archers Association could be a branch of any club that gets to use the range?
keep up the effort and I am sure something will get going.
Tho maybe after the hunting seasons are over...  :)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2007, 11:07:00 PM »
Paul, not sure what you mean by,"Perhaps a N E Kansas Traditional Archers Association could be a branch of any club that gets to use the range?"
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
Gail Darling and myself met with the Hillsdale Park Manager this morning. At first, the manager seems a little distant. After he showed us a few areas that may be available and talking with us for an hour or so he seems to come around. I think it was due to Gail and myself explaining our needs and expressing our concerns. The manager finally stated that he would send me a map with areas that my be available to use. One issue we may run into is that the park is now in the process of building an archery range with butt targets. Hopefully, this will not get in the way. The manager did suggest that we go ahead and get the club organized as soon as possible since an organized group would have a better chance than just a few individuals. So, I guess we need to set a date and a location for everyone interested to meet and get things rolling. If you know anyone that is interested please make them aware. It would be great to have some ideas from people that are or have been members of other clubs. In the next few days I will come up with a few dates for everyone to decide on.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 12:04:00 AM »
Gail Darling and myself met with the Hillsdale Park Manager this morning. At first, the manager seems a little distant. After he showed us a few areas that may be available and talking with us for an hour or so he seems to come around. I think it was due to Gail and myself explaining our needs and expressing our concerns. The manager finally stated that he would send me a map with areas that my be available to use. One issue we may run into is that the park is now in the process of building an archery range with butt targets. Hopefully, this will not get in the way. The manager did suggest that we go ahead and get the club organized as soon as possible since an organized group would have a better chance than just a few individuals. So, I guess we need to set a date and a location for everyone interested to meet and get things rolling. If you know anyone that is interested please make them aware. It would be great to have some ideas from people that are or have been members of other clubs. In the next few days I will come up with a few dates for everyone to decide on.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©