3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Olathe ks area guys  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Olathe ks area guys
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2007, 04:28:00 PM »
Hey guys,I'm president of Three Trails Traditional Archery Club Just south of Lee's Summit. If you guys need any help or have any questions about insurance or anything else please feel free to contact me.

Bob
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »
Bob, I am interested in your bow shoots at Three Trails.  When are they scheduled this year?  I like those early chili shoots.  Anything in the works?  What is the availability for new members this year?

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Looking forward to getting this club going!  Let me know if I can help any Ricky.  Did you ever get a shot at that buck?
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: December 25, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Treeman,We have not set the dates of our shoots yet,but one should be in Febuary and the other in March.I will post the dates on Tradgang in a couple weeks.
   I think we will have 5 or 6 new member openings this year.

www.threetrailsarchery.com
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: December 25, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
I'll be looking forward to your shoots as well.  Also interested to see how Ricky's grounds turn out.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Hooked

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Any new developments, Ricky?
"But, the bestest doctor of all is God!"  Katie Jones (7 years old)

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2008, 12:19:00 AM »
Not yet, my parents were in town last week for a visit from NC, so I was not able to meet with the land owner. Hopefully, I will be able to in the next week or so.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
I was informed yesterday that the land owner does not what to work with us on the 3D range, it seems he has a bad experience with someone else in the past and does not want to go through it again. Looks like I will have to keep looking for land elsewhere. Hopefully, I can find something in the near future.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2008, 07:57:00 PM »
I am still searching for land. I have several pieces of land that I found South of Olathe and East of Gardner that I will be contacting the owners once I can get to the Johnson Co Tax office to found out who the owners are. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
I was able to make it to the Johnson County Couthouse today and have the names and addresses of several land owners. I plan to contact them this week. I will let everyone know what the results were.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Tunames

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »
I don't remember anyone mentioning this but Shawnee mission park has an exsisting range and "had" a walk thru range. They used to have 3-d shoots there a couple of times a year. and a bunch of us had a sorta league for a couple of years... hope that helps and I'm interested in joining

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2008, 11:50:00 PM »
I shoot at the Shawnee Mission Range. I talked with a person that used to be a part of the walk thru range and he stated that the park officials were against having another walk thru range. That is a shame, because I am sure it would get alot of use.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Path finder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »
Hey guys I live in Stanley (OP) and would love to shoot with you guys some time. I haven't shot that much in quite a few years but I'm trying to get back into it. I have a board bow I made some years back but I'm hoping to get an unfinished bow done in the next few months, just need the weather to warm up a bit so I can glue it up.

Anyway would be nice to get some pointers and do some shooting with others.

Dave

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
Man, Rick, you're a bulldog...  :D  
Keep up the good work...
See you Saturday?
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
I hope that the other club that is being started up by Gatekeeper will not hurt this effort. I think it is a great idea, but it would be to far for me to drive on a regular basis to shoot. I have talked with two landowners, but they were not interested. I still have several more and will try to contact them in the next few days. Maybe it's time to organize this into a actual club while the search for land is going on. If you are still interested let me know so we can set up a meeting time to get things rolling. I have emailed a member of another club to get information on starting up a club.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »
Ricky,

Are you going to join us at Cabela’s on Saturday? Wouldn’t the meeting on Saturday help answer some of the questions that you might have on starting up a club? Wouldn’t it also help you get a consensus from the other people, on this site, on what would work best for them.

Bob Burns, the President of Three Trails Traditional Archery, is coming to our meeting. Bob might be able to answer some of the questions that you and the others may have.

Nobody is (I am not) trying to hurt the efforts that you started. The main purpose of Saturday’s meeting is to, at the very least, gather the area people that are interested in having someway of uniting to one location and talk about what they want. Bob Burns will be there to help answer some of the questions. That is why a majority of the meeting was delegated to:

Individual expectations or desires for an archery club or what you want to achieve from this meeting:

An open discussion where each person will have a chance to express what they would like to see or have in an archery club. Do you want a formal club? Do you want a traditional only club? Are you willing to pay dues? Are you willing to take on club responsibilities? How often should we meet? How much time can you dedicate to this project? Is an organized club really what you want? etc…

I think it is very possible that two clubs could be formed because of the way Kansas City is spread out. But that doesn’t mean the two (possible) clubs can’t combine their efforts and resources or better yet, find a neutral (central) location and become one club instead of two.

Anyway, do what works best for you, but it seems like twice as much work for you to try to arrange another meeting and bring in a member from another club to talk about starting a club when that is exactly what is planned for the Saturday meeting.

Also, the efforts that you are putting forward for finding land may go a lot smoother if you approach the land owner with a good plan in hand. Example: the club has insurance, the club would be willing to sign a lease contract, the club would be willing to pay “X” dollars a year for the use of the land. Face to face contact also goes a lot farther than a phone call. It’s easier to hang the phone up on someone than to shut a door on them. Just my opinion, but I would hold off contacting any more land owners until you have a good plan to work off of. Otherwise, you may be burning a bridge with every phone call.

Hope you can make it to the meeting.

Tom
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
I am going to try to make the meeting, as I am sure it will be very informative. I have been doing alot of research myself on insurance($2 million liability for under $300), lease cost, course design, club rules and monthly dues. Hopefully, I will be able to meet some of the land owners personally, but a few are not located locally.

Most of the responses that I have gotten are in favor of forming a club with dues. The meeting that I was referring to was for the people that had emailed me with contact info and a interest in forming a club in the Olather area.

I agree with you that it would be very benefitial for the two groups to work together. One benefit might be that when targets are purchased we could place an order together with the hopes of getting a discount for volume.

In some of the previous posts it was mentioned building a range on public propery. My experience with the Hillsdale Lake park mngr was that a lot of red tape was involved.

Ricky
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline ONE SHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Another problem with the Hillsdale lake area is that any structure that would need to be built to store 3-D Targets would be turned over to the State if and whenever the Club would fold for any reason.

Second problem with the area is that the State of Kansas has already invested a considerable amount of Money in there New Archery Range, and Iam sure that the state of Kansas dosen't want to spend any more Dollars for our cause. Just what I got from reasding between what the Park Mgr. had to say to Rick and I.

My main concern was for Security of our Archery equiptment, the State sure as Hell won't furnish any. Vandels would be a Major issue for us no matter where We decide on....ONE SHOT...  :(    :(    :(

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I was out at Prairie Center on Santa Fe West of Olathe today and was suprise to find out that they have an archery program for schools. After talking with one the Center employees, I also found out that they are interested in starting a 3D range. The center is about 300 acres with a good mix of trees and open areas. I will be meeting with the Prairie Center Manager tomorrow morning to get an idea of what they have in mind. If we have enough interest, this could turn in to be a super 3D range. They presently have several butt blocks and a raise shooting platform. This was funded by Westar Energy. They even allow primitive camping with permission.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Offline fatman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
cool, let us know how it goes...  :thumbsup:  

are you all going to Snow's?

take care

Kevin
"Better to have that thing and not need it, than to need it and not have it"
Woodrow F. Call

Commitment is like bacon & eggs; the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©