INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...  (Read 54067 times)

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dick Langer:
Guru you are doing all the right moves with Cade. Bill and I just got back from Florida after hunting hogs he's 43 yrs old he was 5yrs old and was with me and saw me harvest a deer and I expect there will be many more yrs of hunting together it never gets old.Cade I'm sure this hunt was one of the best hunts you have been on , but the next hunt will be the best and so on and as the years move on you will look back and realize they are all the best . On with the hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said Dick....   :thumbsup:

Offline J.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »
good stuff   :thumbsup:
70" [email protected] Northern Mist Classic
70" 73@32 Northern Mist Whitbeck

Michigan Longbow association

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2013, 07:13:00 AM »
Thanx fellas.....we're just getting started!!!

Terry and I stayed up and sat and talked around the fire. This is a time I've come to cherish when I'm hunting with Terry. This is the time we have the chance to really open up to each other. Sometimes it's about Trad Gang, but, most of the time it's about family and friends....time well spent with my bud....

The next morning we were up before daylight, ate a quick bite and were off.

We corned first....then we set a second stand at the first feeder. From Terry's re-con the day before we knew this spot looked promising.
•  

So we got another Lone Wolf into the tree.

After that we him'd and haw'd about where we were going to hunt that morning because we'd kinda bugger'd this spot, but we'd need to do something soon.

Terry had a hog he wanted to go look for before the sun got too high and created shadows.  So Cade and I just decided to stay where we were for a while. Then still hunt toward the area where Terry was....

•  

A look around the stand...
•  
•  

My mini camera arm I put together from 2 different porducts. HME bowholder and a game cam tree mount...worked great!
•  

Cade admiring "Bonita"...
•  

We didn't see anything, and we were actually getting cold    :dunno:   ,so we started hunting toward where Terry was....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
"Bonita"....nice looking lady!!
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by Guru:

About half way through the area that's called "The Bedroom", Cade whispered to me the quote of the hunt.... "THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!"    

Uh...there's two more I can think of that were in the running....or in a different category at least....I'll get to that when the time comes...   :D
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by magnus:

Terry I like the Coleman Crawdad!!! Used to have one and wish I still did! Great little boat.
My Dad bought me that when I was a teen....you have NO idea how many ducks I killed out of that boat....and wouldn't believe the number of fish I caught out of it...you wouldn't believe...anyhow...gotta go back to your post and catch up....

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
:coffee:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 08:09:00 AM »
Yep, I have one of them crawdad boats.... great little boat and way more stable than you wojld think !!!
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

Originally posted by Guru:

About half way through the area that's called "The Bedroom", Cade whispered to me the quote of the hunt.... "THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!!!"    

Uh...there's two more I can think of that were in the running....or in a different category at least....I'll get to that when the time comes...    :D  [/b]
:clapper:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:00 AM »
Little did we know what Terry had gotten himself into....but that's a story for him to tell    :archer:  

So anyway.....Cade and I worked toward where Terry was...

We came up to Woods' stand first and it hadn't been visited yet. We continued toward "Sunset", and it had no visitors either so we moved ahead toward the old "Victory Stand".  I say old, because of the logging, the tree is  gone that the stand was in, and the feeder has been moved.

Before we got the we saw the 4 wheeler parked where Terry had left it.  We used the opportunity to shed some clothes and our harnesses...
•  

Off to bring Mae-Mae to school......back soon....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2013, 08:33:00 AM »
This thread warms the heart. Keep it coming guys.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2013, 08:35:00 AM »
You guys are going to get me fired! I should be at work by now.   :D  
Bill

Offline DarkTimber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
Just in time to cure my No-Hunt Blues...Good stuff guys   :coffee:

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Lovin it!!!

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Wow! Good stuff!
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
OK...back to them in the tree.....the reason they were in that tree was because that stand was HOT the afternoon before and I just KNEW they would see hogs...

See....the afternoon before the very first thing I did was check this 'new' stand out...and it looked promising...only being up a few days there was PLENTY of sigh...

Well, on my way back out I took a different route and heard a grunt and saw some pigs stand.  I thought I had spooked them but no sure how cause I was definitely upwind from them and walking on a path making my travels quiet as a church mouse....

They scrambled around and settled back down out of sigh.....Hmmm....so I put a stalk on them to see what was up....grunted again they did, stood up and I saw mom pop out but her milk looked dry...re-arranged themselves and settled right back down....they were just nesting...and I figured, waiting for the feeder to go off. I thought to myself, this would be a great stalk Cade could make throughout the weekend since these younger ones had been weaned so I backed out and looped around....

All of the sudden the momma stands up and start quartering to me on a dead walk...then turns her direction straight toward me....NO!!!!  I don't want her to catch me, so when she goes behind some briars I crouch low as I can and wad up behind a little bush....then she quarters toward me again and I watch her walk by all in bow range....he never saw me....then, still in bow range 'she' walks across the road and I see hydraulics .....DAGNABBIT!!!  It was a boar that was laid up with the momma and here little ones.

I had talk Curt and Cade about this and not sure if Cade knew what I meant by hydraulics....nor did I ask Curt later if he had to explain.....but that was Curt's department.... not mine.     :D  

Yeah...then I went to look for my hog....just for the record...hunting for blood, new fresh or older dried is best before the sun gets up so high or during overcast cause there's not a bazzilion shadows in the woods....

Bear with me....I have some work to do.....but I'll get back to it soon as I can...very interesting blood trail to say the least...lead to more than one thing....an event I'll never forget....

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
In the mean time....maybe Curt will tell what Cade was asking about me when I wasn't at the four wheeler....and what he said.....it was heart warming for me to say the least.  I'd only been around him for two hours hunting the day before, two hours around camp eating and the fire, and an hour for breakfast and drop off that morning....

Cade, ya really got to me with your comments....

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
HYDRAULICS!! BWA AHAHAHAHAHAHA!
   :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »
There's stories behind stories here!!!  That's what makes it great   :campfire:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
:bigsmyl:  Lots of fun so far...
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©