INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...  (Read 54042 times)

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
I am enjoying this story a lot. It was fun to hear the tid bits as it happened this is even better.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
Terry was alluding to something earlier that Cade said to me....I'll get to that in a bit....

Before the hunt ever started and Terry and I were still planning things we of course talked a lot about things...especially about hunting with Cade. What we needed to do to make it a great experience for him, possible limitations, etc....

I also asked Terry if it would be alright if I could send Cade along on a hunt with just him....ya know just Cade and him.

I told Terry I'd really like for Cade to get to know the Terry Green I know and enjoy so much hunting with.
I wanted Cade to experience that for himself because I knew he'd enjoy the heck out of it.

Of course Terry said it would be fine, if that's what we wanted....

Before I go any further, without getting too sentimental or weird here....I just want to share something....

From day one  that Terry and I ever hunted together it always seemed as though we had some sort of connection....hard to explain...I mean really hard to explain...but it's there, there is no denying it, and every time we're together "something happens" to solidify it. This trip would be no different.  

I'll get to that later....I guarantee you'll you'll think it's pretty cool....

So anyway...
On the way to the four wheeler where Terry had parked it...Cade asked me where I thought Terry was.  I told him since he wasn't heading our way yet, I bet he'd gotten "into" something. But he'd be along soon....

Wasn't a few minutes later he asked again about Terry when we got to the 4 wheeler....
•  

I asked why he kept asking about Terry?  I mean I know we were both wondering how he was doing with his tracking job and where he was....but I asked anyway....

He said...."Oh just wondering....I like being around Terry...he's funny and a lot of fun to just be around....I really like him daddy!"

I knew right then and there that my boy "gets it" and was already enjoying the Terry Green that I know and love....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
After we lightened up, leaving some gear at the 4 wheeler...we headed back toward "Sunset" to build a groundblind.

Last year when I was there, all the pines where still standing and it was a killer set up with a treestand about 15-17yds. from the feeder. I killed my 2nd hog of the trip on the last evening of that hunt.

With no trees there now, and it being hard to sneak up on, we needed get something there to hide in...it was going to be tough...but we had to try something....it's too good a spot to not hunt.

So Cade and I got to work....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
Pretty cool Terry to be able to share your hunt with a Bud and his son...  yea pretty cool ....and Curt you are a lucky guy!!!

Freshens things up seeing things through a youngster’s eyes ....  

Thanks for bringing us along guys !!!

:campfire:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2013, 11:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by JoeM:
There's stories behind stories here!!!  That's what makes it great    :campfire:  
You have no idea...and haven't heard the best of it yet....you could not have scripted or dreamed up the things that would unfold....and even my 'off' shot.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »
And we still have TWO more great quotes buy Cade to hear about soon....I can't wait to tell those!!!...   :campfire:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Wow at the sunset stand those little pigs are growing fast,That group of black hogs and the one red one came in every night neet to see how fast they grow.Great story
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Dick Langer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
My father gave me a baseball glove when I was old enough for little league but the greatest gift he ever gave me was to take me hunting. This waiting for the story to end has me worried about my age. I'm loving every minute!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
Amen Dick, Amen
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
Good Stuff Guys
  :campfire:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2013, 01:11:00 PM »
great story so far....
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
After we built the blind we headed back out towards "Woods' stand" and the truck. That's when we heard the 4 wheeler. Terry pulled up and told us what had been going on....   ;)
Curt } >>--->   

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Wood's stand is the first one after the 90 correct?
Great story so far!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by magnus:
Wood's stand is the first one after the 90 correct?
Great story so far!
Sure is.

This is really great guys!!! What memories are made of.

Cade, I made that same stalk you did on sunset earlier this year. Only I tried to sneak through the water on the right side. Lets just say you made it farther than I did!lol And your boots were probably drier!!!!!!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
All that water still amazes me!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:
Terry was alluding to something earlier that Cade said to me....I'll get to that in a bit....

Before the hunt ever started and Terry and I were still planning things we of course talked a lot about things...especially about hunting with Cade. What we needed to do to make it a great experience for him, possible limitations, etc....

I also asked Terry if it would be alright if I could send Cade along on a hunt with just him....ya know just Cade and him.

I told Terry I'd really like for Cade to get to know the Terry Green I know and enjoy so much hunting with.
I wanted Cade to experience that for himself because I knew he'd enjoy the heck out of it.

Of course Terry said it would be fine, if that's what we wanted....

Before I go any further, without getting too sentimental or weird here....I just want to share something....

From day one  that Terry and I ever hunted together it always seemed as though we had some sort of connection....hard to explain...I mean really hard to explain...but it's there, there is no denying it, and every time we're together "something happens" to solidify it. This trip would be no different.  

I'll get to that later....I guarantee you'll you'll think it's pretty cool....

So anyway...
On the way to the four wheeler where Terry had parked it...Cade asked me where I thought Terry was.  I told him since he wasn't heading our way yet, I bet he'd gotten "into" something. But he'd be along soon....

Wasn't a few minutes later he asked again about Terry when we got to the 4 wheeler....
•    

I asked why he kept asking about Terry?  I mean I know we were both wondering how he was doing with his tracking job and where he was....but I asked anyway....

He said...."Oh just wondering....I like being around Terry...he's funny and a lot of fun to just be around....I really like him daddy!"

I knew right then and there that my boy "gets it" and was already enjoying the Terry Green that I know and love....
Curt is right.....something special always happens when Curt and I get together....

And hearing what Cade said really warmed my heart...cause I don't have a son....but I would take him as mine in a heartbeat.  He's a great kid...

We were in camp the 1st lunch and I asked .."Cade, whatcha doing'?, and he replied "What ever you need me to be doing".  How's that for some raising?  He was a great camp hand for a 12 year old, always ready to help with chores....although we did let him 'day dream' also and do his on thing around camp.  That was fun to watch,....even though he didn't know he was being watched.  Yeah Cade, I was entertained by your still youth and innocence.

I'll get to my hog tracking in a bit...got to load up some pics....

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2013, 04:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:
"Oh just wondering....I like being around Terry...he's funny and a lot of fun to just be around....I really like him!
A lot of us feel the same way Cade, Terry's enthusiasm towards the hunt is contagious!  I'm sure he is like that with everything he does...  

Great hunt so far, and eagerly awaiting the rest of it to unfold...
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
:)
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline T-Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2013, 04:54:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:
William

JD Berry Valor 66” 45@28
Great Northern Bush Bow 62" 47@28"
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©