INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...  (Read 53489 times)

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My First Trip to Pig Paradise!......All Done...
« Reply #620 on: March 15, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
Ya know, reading this thread was really awesome! I was at the bacon strip but my trip got cut short due to health issues my daughter had. When I was reading all of this it warms my heart in a way I was able to "relive" my trip in a way I always imagined  it would turn out through  the trip you 3 had.
Thank you very much for documenting so much, I'm very grateful
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #621 on: March 15, 2013, 10:54:00 AM »
Tom, that was absolutely fantastic, man it was great but I did have a few technical difficulties while vewing it.  Not sure if it was with the video  or me, but a few times I couldn't  see the screen because it became blurry    :notworthy:      

Well, i’ll have to agree with a lot of others it don’t get no better than a Farther, a  son, and a best friend having time together hunting and fishing, and to have it captured not only in the heart but with modern media that others can see, thanks Trad Gang!
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #622 on: March 15, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »
OK.....so, I got in the truck with Curt, but already saw his hog lying behind the truck off the side of the road...."Tell me a story"....he did....then i told him mine, about killing the hog with the arrow in it...and this story...

Once I'd shot the other hog, I climbed back up my stand for the last 45 minutes of the day.  About 15 minutes here comes another group of small hogs...not the same bunch...I looked for Cade's hog toting an arrow but there wasn't one in this bunch....I thought I'd just sit back and enjoy the show....so I did....

Then one little red hog caught my eye....there he was...fit as a fiddle, scrapping with the others, no worse for wear.  It was Cade's hog minus the arrow.  I really enjoyed the show now, knowing Cade would be relived from what I was witnessing....

So, I went hunting for a hog with an arrow in it, either of the two, and I got the best of both.

When I showed Cade the pics, he confirmed that's where hit it, and it was facing right, but why was there no exit on the other side???

I explained to him that when the head hit horizontal, it cut the hair off at the entrance wound so there was no hair covering the wound so it was somewhat exposed...and when it exited, it did not cut the hair above the exit wound and that hair above was now covering the wound up.

He just smiled...well, Curt and I did too.  We knew Cade was truly relieved that that hog he shot was A-OK.  

I don't think I could have had a better hunt destined for that afternoon....

My Hunt for Hogs with arrows in them....Again, what are the chances???

This one someone shot that so needed to be put out of its misery...

And actually getting shots at Cade's.....Camera Shots      :campfire:  

No sign of exit even though there was one...

Since the head hit horizontal, this made for a 'clean flesh wound' rather than a nasty gash...sliding through parallel with the neck muscle strands instead of cutting them in half.

Here's a few short clips of him scurrying about at the buffet....much clearer confirmation than the stills that I had to zoom in on with my cell...Cade hasn't seen these, cept on my cell phone screen...where you can't see jack...so I'm sure these will RE-confirm and give him another smile.

Again, this last afternoon's hunt could NOT have turned out better.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #623 on: March 15, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Oh...and something really really cool is again about to happen....

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:00 PM »
:campfire:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline threeunder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
:saywhat:
Ken Adkins

Never question a man's choice in bows or the quality of an animal he kills.  He is the only one who has to be satisfied with either of those choices.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #626 on: March 15, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
After we exchanged stories about our last hunts...Terry telling us about his awesome ending( Cade was very relieved to hear about "his hog"), me telling my story again for Terry to hear it for the first time and Cade to hear again...and Cade and I both telling Terry about what happened to him....I'll say it again....WHAT A HUNT!!!!

So we loaded up my hog to get a few more pix before dressing her out...
•    
•    

My camera was struggling to focus in the dark for some reason, so I only got a couple decent pix.

I quickly dressed her out and Terry and I swung her up on the tailgate when something came to mind...the "lucky" penny.....I wanted to share it with Terry, I knew he'd appreciate it...

So I went through the whole story.....about how it caught my eye.  Then saw that it was even heads up, but just kinda shrugged it off at first.  Then after getting a few steps by it and thinking...."I could always use a little good luck", I backed up 4-5 steps, bent down and picked it up, admired it for a few seconds, and put it in my pocket.  Then had never thought twice about it till after I'd killed my 2nd in less than 2 hours of actual hunting since I'd slipped it in my pocket....

After telling the story I looked at him and his reaction to what I'd just told him will forever keep me "a believer".....I'll let him tell about it...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #627 on: March 15, 2013, 03:57:00 PM »
I told Curt I had cold chills....

When we were coming that last morning when I was taking pics and vids...we'd got almost to the triangle and and I started putting up my camera...I'd found a shinny new penny in the bag, and I thought I'd lay it in the road heads up thinking someone, at sometime might find in and pick it up.  I also thought it might never get picked up, but it didn't lay there for more than an hour.

How cool is that!!!

I have a couple of parting photos I'll load up...

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #628 on: March 15, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »
:campfire:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #629 on: March 15, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Very nice you guys!! Great story and pics.!!It is nice to see Cade grow up before my(our)eyes!! Terry looks like you have to good friends for life!! Congrats to all of you!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #630 on: March 15, 2013, 04:11:00 PM »
Awesome thread guys! Congratulations to all of you as well!!
James Kerr

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #631 on: March 15, 2013, 04:15:00 PM »
Yes,...WHAT A HUNT !!!!

3 guys, two hogs each, and countless memories...

Curt got his hogs took care of while Cade and I straightened camp some more and I cooked up supper....marinated pork loin.  

We all sat around the fire for a bit, and it wasn't long before Cade was lying on the bench asleep....he was wore out as bad as we were.  He did a great job keeping up with us even though he had to take a lot more steps than us over the span of this hunt....he's a go-getter for sure.  It was a pleasure and an honor to be there with him.

I had a wonderful time on this hunt, and had almost as much fun reliving it here.

Curt hooking up.....

Cade leaving the fire to make the end official.....

Gotta leave  ya with one more quote.....

Cade had heard us using a term to describe if we saw if it was a boar or not....Well, when he got home his mom and grandparents where there to great him.  His mom asked again, "Did you have a good time"? with a hug and after she let him go he replied...

"YES!!!, and I can't wait to take a shower and clean my hydraulics"      :laughing:        :laughing:        :laughing:        :laughing:        :laughing:

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #632 on: March 15, 2013, 04:37:00 PM »
Perfect way to end it guys
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #633 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:00 PM »
Hmmmm, 3 days in same skivies, no teeth brushing and anatomy language lessons---that's a recipe for any mom to let their son go off on a hunt with you two again....NOT.     ;)  

Thanks for taking us along. Great hunt and great write-up!   :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #634 on: March 15, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:  

Thank You for taking us along!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #635 on: March 15, 2013, 04:49:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  Awesome ending to an awesome hunt!

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #636 on: March 15, 2013, 05:03:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

« Reply #637 on: March 15, 2013, 05:17:00 PM »
The whole thing was awesome!!!!! Congrats to all of you, but esp Cade on his first hogs.

Bisch

Offline coaster500

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #638 on: March 15, 2013, 05:49:00 PM »
Great story guys.....  looks like a blast, begining to end  :)

Cade.....you're to much!!!!!

"YES!!!, and I can't wait to take a shower and clean my hydraulics"      

:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Offline SkottyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #639 on: March 15, 2013, 06:22:00 PM »
I have to say that was an awesome read!!!  Thanks so much for reliving it again for us. I vote this one stays here for others to enjoy  throughout the years. Taking game with trad equipment is great but can not compare to the memories and bonds we form while enjoying this way of life. Curt and Terry you have my admiration for showing this young man, at such an impressionable age, that so much fun can be had with theses "good things" when so many Cade's age are already on a destructive path. May God richly bless you guys!!!
>>>------Scott------->

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©