3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Champion Bowstrings Thank You  (Read 364 times)

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Champion Bowstrings Thank You
« on: August 24, 2007, 01:16:00 PM »
As many of you read on here Chad LBR was taking care of a dying friend and going through a very stressful time.  I had sent him a large order of bowstrings and we had a mix up on one of the string lengths and an old string I sent for a sample got lost in the mail.  Chad insisted on sending me two new beautiful 8125 Flemish Twist bowstrings along with the other four he did for me.  Although I insisted it was my fault and pleaded with him not to he wouldn't hear it.  I've been a customer of his for years and this has always been the Chad I know.  (As a side note I also use Chad Renfro and he is super as well).  So a public thank you to Chad at Champion Custom Bowstrings for always going way above and beyond to make us great strings with great service and always having the time to listen to our stories when we call him.  Great folks like Chad are what Trad Gang and Traditional Archery are all about.  They sure make my life so much better and I am grateful!  Thank you Chad!   :thumbsup:    :notworthy:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Champion Bowstrings Thank You
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
Don't tell him I said this,but Chad is a super nice guy and makes one of the best strings anywhere.He can also do wonders with a longbow and wooden arrows.I have the most fun ever shooting with him because of all the good natured trash talk that goes on.Only problem is I can barely shoot for laughing.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
Chad is tops!  Dealt with him on selecting and eventually buying a bow.  Always has the time to answer questions.  Doesn't preach or put you down.  Some day I hope to meet him face to face.

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »
So far I have only had the pleasure of dealing with Chad for strings; and I must say his work is at least as good as the crane operator's was!

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Chad is always helpful...

Hint: send him a check anyway, grin...

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
No doubt about it, Chad is top of the line. He is extremely helpful with questions about the Chek-Mate line and the strings he sells. I e-mailed him once regarding dacron vs. FF strings. His response was immediate and knowledgeable; I ordered a bow from him the next day.

A couple of years ago my friend Paul was looking to purchase a Chek-Mate, but not wanting to wait for one to be built. Chad didn't have one in stock that fit Paul. He steered Paul to a different dealer and Paul got his bow. Paul's the one who told me about Chad.

There are a lot of you trad gangers that I would like to meet someday and Chad is at the top of that list. We can all only hope to have a friend of Chad's caliber in our time of need.

Tim
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Offline Yellowsnake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
Chad is a great guy.  I've bought more than several bowstrings from him and he has always been helpful and polite.  The fact that he would take time to help a dying friend tells you something about his character.

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
Chad is a great fellow.  I shot with him in my very first trad 3D shoot, Georgia State Championships in March 2006.  You will definitely enjoy his company on and off the course, and as other have said, he is free with the advice whether he sells a bow or not.  Oh, and nice strings!

If you're interested in twisting your own strings, he put out a great video called Doin' the Twist.  Can't miss him, he is the hot blooded big guy on the left in the photo below.  We are all in fleece vests and he's in short sleeves and shorts.

Here's hoping his friend is doing well.  Steve

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »
Super guy, and super bowstrings! Chad's friend lost his battle with cancer, and I had no idea what he'd gone through when I PM'd him the other day about making me a string. He was his usual quick and friendly self when he msg'd me back the same day. Never met him in person, but would like to very much someday. Can't say enough good about him, AND his strings!
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline eagle24

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
I met Chad at the Howard Hill shoot a few months ago.  Super nice guy!

Offline RH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Chad
Is a good fellow, I have known him for several year's and have done alot of dealing with him,on bows.
  We keep in touch with each other even tho were miles away.
  He is a great friend and a great person to know and deal with.
  Rod H.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Chad is the man when it comes to bowstrings. all my bows are equipped with them. i am looking forward to hunting with him some day so keep buying strings from him as he is saving up his pennies to go on a buffalo hunt...
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline archrmn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©