3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bacvk In The Saddle  (Read 428 times)

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Bacvk In The Saddle
« on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Two days ago (Tues), It was finally nice enough for this ol' warm weather lovin' hoss to venture outside with bow and arrows, to start back to my normal (ha-ha) practice again. First time since my bouts with UTI and the hospital bouts last summer and fall. I used my 47# Anneewakkee Addition Recurve, "Brownie". I did fair, considering, shot about 24 arrows (surpried the heck out of me), and only "threw away" about 4 or 5 shots. Rose was resting, and I never figured I'd shoot more than a half dzn. shots, so I didn't want to bother with setting up a tripod/camera, etc. Afterwards i wished i had and made up my mind to get pictures on my next outing, to show my friends here that I am back in the saddle again.

Yesterday it rained hard most of the day (don't know that i was in shape for a second "ride" anyway - LOL)

Today, Wed., was warm again, and I had loosened my mus-cles with my morning exercises. So this afternoon became my second day out practicing since my hospital stays last year. This time I asked Rose to take some pics for me. She got 4 standing and 4 kneeling, at various stages of draw on different shots. I was shooting at my 3D Turkey target @ about 14 yards - while she snapped pics, as she felt the urge - LOL

Here are her (and my) efforts:

(More to follow)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bacvk In The Saddle
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
Results from those shots - not as tight as I'd like but not bad for only my second outing since last summer/fall. After these, Rose left (with the camera) and I shot about 14 more shots at various targets before I petered out - LOL. All in all not too shabby but I left lots of room to improve ;^):

Gonna turn cold again for a couple of days, at least, now - but hoping we'll have enough warmer days mixed in, as spring settles in, so that I can keep up the practice now - good Lord willing.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Great to see you out and about Bern.  Plus that shirt not only looks good on you but also fits you well.    :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52:00 PM »
Hey! I was think'n about you just a day or two ago. Wonder'n what they heck you were up to! We've never met but I've always enjoyed your posts. Good to see you back! And on TG's birthday too!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Bernie,

Glad to see you making your way out into world again. Hope to see you at the NCTAR this year at Kerr Scott.

Rick

Offline fnshtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
Good to see you are out and about! Looks like pretty good shootin' to me.

Enjoy every day you get. Every day is a good one, some are just better than others.
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 09:17:00 PM »
Nice form, but you need more arrows.     :biglaugh:

Weather and time change have been nicer for shooting!
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 09:21:00 PM »
Thank you, Charlie, Bona, and Rick. Sure felt good to be out those two days and hope many more are coming. It is pretty good that it turned out to be on TG's Birthday too (didn't know that til after I posted this thread). Risk I won't be able to make the NCTAR shoot (already notified the pres.) as our Pre-planned St. Jude Turkey hunt is that week end, here locally, and I had already promised to be there. Good luck with the shoot though. I do hope I will be able to catch someone from here going to the shoot that will carry (at least) some of the Dinos I still have for the kids that attend the shoot.

Happy Birthday to our TradGang gang - and bless all of your hearts.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Don Batten

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Looking good my friend. See you in a few weeks.
"The older I get, the better I was" Byron Fergenson.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
Hey Bernie, glad to see you up and about!  We've never met personally either, but I also feel like we know each other from the dealings we've had on the St Jude's auction items.  I probably have more of your Kokopelli collection by now than you do!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 09:59:00 PM »
Looking good up there buddy! Keep ol' Bucephalus in line.
Killdeer   :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 10:42:00 PM »
Thanks Don, Dave, and Killie.

Sure as shootin', Don - good Lord willing.

Dave, you may be right, LOL and I've got some more already for this years St. Jude auction!

Killie, ol' fren' - we are almost always on the same thought-track but I have no idea who (or what) you are talkin' about this time. Only Bocephus I can think of is Hank Williams, Jr. and I have no control whatsomeever over that highly talented, rowdy rascal. Oh, and if by some remote chance you are talkin' about "batman", nobody but Trish stands a chance of any control over that one    :laughing:  If you are thinking of my bow - I'm afraid most of the control is on it's side so far    :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bretto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:03:00 PM »
Good to see Your getting out Bernie. Hope the weather gives You a break and You have lots of warm spring days to get You back into shape.

bretto

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 06:47:00 AM »
Thank you, bretto. BTW, Charlie, I've really enjoyed those Pendleton shirts from you this Winter/Spring. Of course as it warms up (I hope) I'll go back to my familiar, thin denim shirts and finally T-shirts w/appropriate Trad, patriotic, & holiday logos - (until it turns brrrrrr time again)   :D

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Marc B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:00 AM »
Looking good Bernie! Groups will start to tighten up quick now    :thumbsup:

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 01:25:00 PM »
Great to have you back and shooting, Bernie!   :thumbsup:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 01:35:00 PM »
Bernie,
It's always nice to see the inner strength of people who have experienced major medical problems. Shoot at your pace and it won't take long for those shots to look like a fist. Best wishes.

Grouse

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 04:13:00 PM »
Thanks so much Fletcher, and gs002. Would be nice out there today (pretty), if it wasn't for that blasted March wind blowing right through a skinny ol' dude.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 07:14:00 PM »
Hey Bernie!  Great to see you enjoying a little bit of sunshine!  :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:00 PM »
Hey, Randy - a pleasure to be doing it too, my friend.

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©