3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: glove size  (Read 290 times)

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
glove size
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
If I use a medium damascus glove, what is the closest fit in a bigshot? Also would you go to the elk or buffalo from a damascus? I want to try a bigshot, and have only shot a damascus. Thanks.
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

Online happy1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: glove size
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
Send your hand trace to American Leathers and they will get you the right size.  I would go with the buffalo bigshot.
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Deeter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
Measure from your wrist to the tip of your middle finger.  3riversarchery.com has a sizing chart for this glove.
Ben

1966 Bear Kodiak
2011 Bear KMag
2012 Bear Super Kodiak
“When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that the hunter is 20 feet closer to God.”
― Fred Bear

Offline Craig

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:53:00 PM »
I won't buy a glove with out trying it on.
Schafer Silvertip

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 09:02:00 PM »
I have both I was shooting a big shot but for the last two yrs I have been shooting a Damascus my Damascus is a medium and I just went downstairs to check my big shot (I save all my packages) It too is a medium . So as long as American leathers has not changed its sizing under new ownership you should be safe with a medium.

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »
I wear a medium Damascus and a large Full Shot. The Damascus fits my fingers well, but it's a little short in the wrist. I called American Leathers about sizing for their glove, John suggested I send him a tracing of my hand.  I'm kind of in-between a medium and a large; I was sent both sizes to try and found the medium too tight, the large very snug - and just right, size wise.
I believe my Full Shot is buckskin, haven't shot the elk or buffalo. Either will be a big change coming from the Damascus; I think elk
is a little thinner and might offer more feel.
American Leathers' customer service is excellent, you might find it worthwhile to talk with John - you'll know for sure about the fit and the leather.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »
X2 on sending or faxing a trace of your hand and will send you the right size. If the one you get doesn't fit. You can send it back and they will send the next size. They are very great people to deal with. Call them and talk to them about your concerns and they will help you. At first the gloves are normally tight but will loosen up after a few wears but they won't stretch much so you won't have to worry about stretching to much. I used to wear a glove out in a month or so but since I got my elk big shot over a year ago it still shoots like new. I will be getting another soon for a backup. I left mine at home one day while at a shoot had to borrow a friend's glove which was way to big. I won't do that again.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline Blackjack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
I wear a medium damascus and sent tracing in ended up with large crossover,fits perfect

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©